New R160 coming

Dre Day

Just today while heading up to the Bronx I saw some R160 on a flatbed truck waiting to cross the GWB. Sorry I couldnt get any pics because I was driving. The car numbers I've seen were 9312,9313,9314 and the 9315. Also if im not mistakin I think there were 2 cars that had a tarp over them so I couldnt see what it was.

They are about the same length. Did it look like they had 3 or 4 doors? If it was 3 then it was PA5.

THey have been delivering them, and they are the same company, so.... Any chance they were museum stuff? Did you see windows? Trolly pole?

- A

I couldnt see it because of the tarp.

OH! That kinda tarp. I was thinking of the easily seen whats beneath from the shapes white shrink wrap.

Old PCC cars from newark subway are shrink wrapped. If you look carefully you can see the pole & the windows.

Other rail vehicles that i've seen being transported near my town also sometimes have it.

- A

He probably saw it from the Van Wyck and couldn't see the numbers.

Eh, but he was able to differentiate between the E and the F, might as well catch one or two digits.

Sorry guys, no photo of the cars, but I did catch number 9263 signed up as an (E) and 9281 as a (F).

Archived