Enraged woman bites bus driver

Trainspotter

A veteran MTA bus driver was bitten on the forearm by an out-of-control female passenger Wednesday as he drove his packed M104 bus during rush hour in Manhattan.

Peter Williams, 42, was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital as a safety precaution after the woman gnawed into his arm as the bus headed north on Broadway at W. 79th St. just after 3 p.m.

"A woman had given him a problem on the bus," said MTA spokesman Charles Seaton. "He got up to tell the dispatcher and when he rose from his seat the woman bit him."

Shelia Bolar, 49, was charged with second-degree assault after the enraged Queens woman became hysterical on the crowded bus before sinking her teeth in Williams.

After taking a bite out of Williams' forearm, Bolar fled the bus and ran south on Broadway before being nabbed by police near W. 73rd St., a police spokesman said.

"She's a little. ... She likes attention," said Jonmon Bolar, a niece who lives in Mobile, Ala. "She's going to do whatever's gonna get her the most attention."

Williams, whose last listed address is in Long Island, was released from the hospital around 5 p.m., officials said.

Williams, who has worked for the MTA since 2000, is based out of the Manhattanville bus depot.

BY ERICA PEARSON and JOTHAM SEDERSTROM

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

January 21st 2009

post-5-133288580218_thumb.jpg

post-5-133288580218_thumb.jpg

What the heck is going on with ppl in this world?? Stabbing a B/O last year, another got one shot by being a innocent bystander and now he get biten by a crazy psycho chick. (MTA) needs to step their game up and protect these B/O's or else no one wants to be a B/O anymore. Instead of raising the damn fares and cutting service....how about putting some type of glass where the B/O sit @

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

What the heck is going on with ppl in this world?? Stabbing a B/O last year, another got one shot by being a innocent bystander and now he get biten by a crazy psycho chick. (MTA) needs to step their game up and protect these B/O's or else no one wants to be a B/O anymore. Instead of raising the damn fares and cutting service....how about putting some type of glass where the B/O sit @

Um..... that would be.... UGLY LOOKING!

Bus Drivers need protection! At least Mace! Get with the program (MTA)! These Bus drivers don't deserve such pain!

When I go back to work, when my back gets better I'm going into work w/ a bullet/stabproof vest as a protest to the (MTA) & union not making it safe to drive a bus. If someone attacks a B/O by striking them in the head, I may have to trade my hat in for a helmet. I still have my riot helmet from my NYPD Auxiliary days(NYCT)

Well putting a protective door with a glass isn't going to protect the driver more, (believe me here in Paris everyweek a driver is attacked).

Also when you ride with a glass up, the riders will feel that the driver is affraid of the people, that he is putting a wall between him/her and the others...

I thought that the woman bit the bus driver because she had problems paying her fare or refused to pay her fare but I found out from the newspaper that she was waiting an hour for a new hybrid city bus. A few months ago, a bus driver was stabbed because the man refused to pay his fare and demanded a transfer ticket. A female bus driver was robbed of her expensive jewerly. Last year, I watched a movie about a city bus boycott after a black woman refused to give her seat to a white passenger. One of the bus drivers was carrying a gun, making her nervous.

LOL, she must be a bus buff biting the driver because he didn't have an Orion VII?!?! Thats just crazy, now I cannot stand the Orion VII's(NG, OG, triple OG whatever...) If im waiting an hour for an RTS and driver comes with an VII i'm not going bite he or she because they came with a bus I didn't like.

Archived