Recommendations for the Train Operator Exam

Groggy2

Hi Guys and Gals.

I am going to take the Train Operator Test in March. Is there a Civil Service Exam Guide that will help me prepare for this exam? Do you have any recommendations on how to prepare?

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Groggy2

Hi Guys and Gals.

I am going to take the Train Operator Test in March. Is there a Civil Service Exam Guide that will help me prepare for this exam? Do you have any recommendations on how to prepare?

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Groggy2

If the past conductors exam is any indication as to the difficulty of the open competitive for T/O, then if you passed HS and know how to read, you should be good. Don't need no study guide for it. Make sure you have your 5 years full time work experience or 4 years college and one year full time work experience before the end of March for the T/O spot.

Guest battieboi
If the past conductors exam is any indication as to the difficulty of the open competitive for T/O, then if you passed HS and know how to read, you should be good. Don't need no study guide for it. Make sure you have your 5 years full time work experience or 4 years college and one year full time work experience before the end of March for the T/O spot.

to take the test you need the work/education? or to get hired you need it ?

your post makes it sound like you need it to take the test.

to take the test you need the work/education? or to get hired you need it ?

your post makes it sound like you need it to take the test.

From the Notice of Examination it says you need that experience by the end of the application period.

Archived