The Q train is awesome!!!!!

Maserati7200

Broadway Express, Brighton Local. Beautiful. The R160's do a great job with performance on the (Q). Between Kings Highway and Avenue M, Avenue M and Avenue J, Neck Road and Sheepshead Bay, Avenue H and Newkirk I've seen the R160's hit 41-43 MPH (the speedometer is visible though the crack of the cab door on R160B's) and this is a local run mind you. Today when I was railfanning the (Q), the T/O took the R160 up to 42 MPH between H and Newkirk. The station is getting closer and closer, still accelerating. ~70 feet into Newkirk we're still going 42 and I honestly think we'll over shoot. Then, i hear that wonderful sound of the Siemens sets braking full service. and we stop right at the 10 marker. That was so exciting!!! Then between Prospect and 7th we hit 52 MPH!! I know right! That T/O was great! And he stopped the train perfectly! Unfortunately on Broadway there was an (N) closely ahead of us so we weren't going too fast. On the way back, between 57th and 42nd, we hit 42 MPH! Between 34th and 14th 47MPH, 14th and Canal 44 MPH!! Not only do I love it for the speed, but the beauty of the BMT Broadway stations and the Brighton scenery is great! Thats why I think the (Q) is awesome and possibly the best line in the system.

I'm sure BrightonLocal (Zach) will agree! lol

I do agree ;):tup: In My opinion, The (Q) is one of the most utilized routes in the system. Love my 68/68A's on the (Q), and would prefer them to stay a while longer, but what can you do... I remember when the (D) was my pride as the Brighton Local ( still is one my favorites routes, even though it runs through Bensonhurst hehe), but, I believe, the (D) had frequent headways just like the (Q) does. However, perhaps that since the (Q) only goes to Midtown-57 St, as opposed to Uptown, & The Bronx, like the (D) did(does), it can show up a little quicker. I wouldn't change anything on the (Q) now. Im just happy that the Broadway (Q) is here to stay(hopefully). The Brighton/6 Av (Q6) had no meaning (In my eyes), it was just an Express (D). Now lets keep the hippos on the Brighton Local, and lets start running to East Side-96 St!:tup::cool:

Zach

Brighton Local Himself - The (D) & (Q) - Both, Zach's Trains

I do agree ;):tup: In My opinion, The (Q) is one of the most utilized routes in the system. Love my 68/68A's on the (Q), and would prefer them to stay a while longer, but what can you do... I remember when the (D) was my pride as the Brighton Local ( still is one my favorites routes, even though it runs through Bensonhurst hehe), but, I believe, the (D) had frequent headways just like the (Q) does. However, perhaps that since the (Q) only goes to Midtown-57 St, as opposed to Uptown, & The Bronx, like the (D) did(does), it can show up a little quicker. I wouldn't change anything on the (Q) now. Im just happy that the Broadway (Q) is here to stay(hopefully). The Brighton/6 Av (Q6) had no meaning (In my eyes), it was just an Express (D). Now lets keep the hippos on the Brighton Local, and lets start running to East Side-96 St!:tup::cool:

Zach

Brighton Local Himself - The (D) & (Q) - Both, Zach's Trains

I know what you mean. I've also rather have the R68/R68As stay on the (B),(D),(Q) cause the (D) and (Q) trains was first ones to recieved R68's and the (D) was the first to recieved the R68A's but it looks better on the (Q). As for the (B) I prefer R68's on the (B) than R40M's but the R40 Slants and R68A's also look good on the (B) too but the R68's fit on the (B) perfectly

I know what you mean. I've also rather have the R68/R68As stay on the (B),(D),(Q) cause the (D) and (Q) trains was first ones to recieved R68's and the (D) was the first to recieved the R68A's but it looks better on the (Q). As for the (:) I prefer R68's on the (B) than R40M's but the R40 Slants and R68A's also look good on the (B) too but the R68's fit on the (B) perfectly

Finally!!!!!! Somebody who agrees the same way I do!!!!!

• 10 months later...

Yeh, my trusty reliable Q train... Any brooklyn rider heading towards manhattan knows how much more time (and headache.. lol) is saved by taking a (:) or (Q), over taking the (2)/(3)/(4)/(5)..... I no longer take the IRT from brooklyn, to work... and hell, just about on any other line, if you're in midtown manhattan looking to embark on a train - chances are you'll be preparing to, and end up, standing....

Not when I see that stalled (Q) on the express tracks over on 57th... what a good feeling...

May as well enjoy it while it lasts though... b/c once this (T) train comes about, I (and many others) can forget about a seat on the (Q) gettin on around midtown, when they send it up to 125th.... I won't be angered by the move (b/c I understand that it could be utilized more whilst in Manhattan)... just a lil disappointed...

The (Q) is one of my most favorite lines in the BMT. I may not like the equipment it uses but it si nonetheless a good line. I don't mind taking R68s anyway, cuz if I don't have a railfan window, I have a transverse window seat instead. Good stuff there.

Archived