Missing Symbols

Luis1985

as you all know, all the letter and number symbols listed below are not all complete.

(A) Diamond, (:) orange Diamond, (:) yellow diamond, (C) Diamond, (D) Diamond, (E) Diamond, (J) Diamond, (M) Diamond, (N) Diamond, (Q6) orange diamond, (W) Diamond, (Z) Diamond are missing.

Also, theres an Orange (A), Yellow (:o, Orange (C), Yellow (D), Orange (E), Yellow (E), Blue (F), Yellow (F), Lime Green (F), Orange (N), Orange (R), Blue (S), Orange (S), Yellow (S), Orange (W), Blue (SIR), and red (SIR) symbols are missing.

wouldnt it be nice to list them ALL?????? i know those symbols were never used, but id like to have them listed as well. dont you think???

as you all know, all the letter and number symbols listed below are not all complete.

(A) Diamond, (:) orange Diamond, (:) yellow diamond, (C) Diamond, (D) Diamond, (E) Diamond, (J) Diamond, (M) Diamond, (N) Diamond, (Q6) orange diamond, (W) Diamond, (Z) Diamond are missing.

Also, theres an Orange (A), Yellow (:o, Orange (C), Yellow (D), Orange (E), Yellow (E), Blue (F), Yellow (F), Lime Green (F), Orange (N), Orange (R), Blue (S), Orange (S), Yellow (S), Orange (W), Blue (SIR), and red (SIR) symbols are missing.

wouldnt it be nice to list them ALL?????? i know those symbols were never used, but id like to have them listed as well. dont you think???

Do we need them all???????????????

It will be a hell of a confusion.

Where's the B train?

Which B train?

The orange?

I have to take the F train, does it stop here?

You mean the circle?

No, the diamond.

Where's the B train?

Which B train?

The orange?

You mean the circle?

No, the diamond.

I think he is referring to the icons used in the forums, not the actual rollsigns on the trains lol

• 10 months later...

Where's the B train?

Which B train?

The orange?

You mean the circle?

No, the diamond.

If you lower the expectation of "Subway smarts," people's Subway smarts decrease.

The gray (K) can be found on the R131 car.

The diamond (2) apparently appeared on maps briefly in 2000 showing the new Bronx Thru Express that never was implemented.

The yellow (S) can be found on cars from R32 Brightliner to R68A but not on the R131 car.

There also is an orange (E), a yellow (E), a green (F) and a yellow diamond (M).

so you mean the 40-42 and 44-46 had the same sign? So the 46s has (J)(L)(M) and (Z)?

Correct. But, most R44/46 have the older sign that has the (JFK) and <R> and Bway (:P and (D). The R40-42 have (had) newer signs that did not have those routes, but had <Q> on them.

Archived