Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Luis1985

Missing Symbols

as you all know, all the letter and number symbols listed below are not all complete.

(A) Diamond, (:) orange Diamond, (:) yellow diamond, (C) Diamond, (D) Diamond, (E) Diamond, (J) Diamond, (M) Diamond, (N) Diamond, (Q6) orange diamond, (W) Diamond, (Z) Diamond are missing.

Also, theres an Orange (A), Yellow (:o, Orange (C), Yellow (D), Orange (E), Yellow (E), Blue (F), Yellow (F), Lime Green (F), Orange (N), Orange (R), Blue (S), Orange (S), Yellow (S), Orange (W), Blue (SIR), and red (SIR) symbols are missing.

wouldnt it be nice to list them ALL?????? i know those symbols were never used, but id like to have them listed as well. dont you think???

as you all know, all the letter and number symbols listed below are not all complete.

(A) Diamond, (:) orange Diamond, (:) yellow diamond, (C) Diamond, (D) Diamond, (E) Diamond, (J) Diamond, (M) Diamond, (N) Diamond, (Q6) orange diamond, (W) Diamond, (Z) Diamond are missing.

Also, theres an Orange (A), Yellow (:o, Orange (C), Yellow (D), Orange (E), Yellow (E), Blue (F), Yellow (F), Lime Green (F), Orange (N), Orange (R), Blue (S), Orange (S), Yellow (S), Orange (W), Blue (SIR), and red (SIR) symbols are missing.

wouldnt it be nice to list them ALL?????? i know those symbols were never used, but id like to have them listed as well. dont you think???

Do we need them all???????????????

It will be a hell of a confusion.

Where's the B train?

Which B train?

The orange?

I have to take the F train, does it stop here?

You mean the circle?

No, the diamond.

Where's the B train?

Which B train?

The orange?

You mean the circle?

No, the diamond.

I think he is referring to the icons used in the forums, not the actual rollsigns on the trains lol

I think he is referring to the icons used in the forums, not the actual rollsigns on the trains lol

lol, I thought otherwise.

We did have diamond A here before, but it got deleted.

Where's the B train?

Which B train?

The orange?

You mean the circle?

No, the diamond.

If you lower the expectation of "Subway smarts," people's Subway smarts decrease.

I could've sworn that a long time ago, I saw an R44 signed up as the diamond <A>.

I could've sworn that a long time ago, I saw an R44 signed up as the diamond <A>.

As far as I know, there has never been a diamond A on a rollsign, only on maps.

Orange C, Orange E, Yellow E, Blue F, Yellow F, Lime Green F, Orange N, Orange R, Orange W,

The above never existed on anything. Neither did Orange Q Diamond.

Blue B on both circles and diamonds DID on the other hand. (on station signage along the upper west side IND)

The gray (K) can be found on the R131 car.

The diamond (2) apparently appeared on maps briefly in 2000 showing the new Bronx Thru Express that never was implemented.

The yellow (S) can be found on cars from R32 Brightliner to R68A but not on the R131 car.

There also is an orange (E), a yellow (E), a green (F) and a yellow diamond (M).

The gray (K) can be found on the R131 car.

The yellow (S) can be found on cars from R32 Brightliner to R68A but not on the R131 car.

On the R131 there was also an orange (A).

All cars from the R32 thru R68 have an orange (S)

did any of them besides the R68 have the blue S?

My R40-46 sign does. The R32 sign does not.

so you mean the 40-42 and 44-46 had the same sign? So the 46s has (J)(L)(M) and (Z)?

Correct. But, most R44/46 have the older sign that has the (JFK) and <R> and Bway (:P and (D). The R40-42 have (had) newer signs that did not have those routes, but had <Q> on them.