Canceled RVL train.

metsfan

Raritan Valley Line train #5420 the 7:39 am Plainfield departure is Cancelled

Wow, that sucks, gotta wait for the next one. Wonder if one of the old geeps broke down.

Eric K, you seem to know what's going on in diesel land any word?

- A

Actually, I don't think P40s have been running on the RVL since November, unless they've been spotted. But this close to the date ACES is suppose to start, I doubt they would want those P40s out doing service on other lines.

In fact, i saw one in the last few weeks, even got video of it! Will post! :cool:

I call it batman because of the black (NJT) "mask" it wears.:cool:

I saw an older diesel at 30th st in philly when i was coming back from DC as well. I don't think ACES starts yet, they don't even have all of the cars for it yet, which i think is the only thing they are waiting for at this point. I have seen 2 cars hooked to freight power both in harrison and MMC. The one at harrison was NS and the multilevel by itself, the one at MMC had 2 other regular multilevels behind the ACES multilevel and was CSX.

Man i wish they allowed photography on PATH!:)

- A

Well of course you're going to see older diesels at Philly because the ACL terminates there.

On a side note, I forgot P40s run on the ACL as well (unless they don't anymore).

ACES is suppose to start in less than two weeks, I'm sure they already have the cars they need for it. I think they're just using cars from the current order and modifying the interior. If ACES was not to start February 6th, NJT would have said something already.....

Hello Everyone,

I was in Bound Brook Yesterday and took some photos. Take a look at this.

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1465094

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1465096

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1465098

Maybe this was the canceled train???

Eric

Thats right. The GP40PH-2B's were pulling and the PL42AC was shut off.

Eric

Wow that's crazy talk.:eek::eek:B) I'll look for that at the MMC next time i'm up that way. I think those guys don't like the cold or sumpin'... Maybe they aspire to be electric and when they try stuff breaks HEP goes out or stuff...:cool:B)

- A

Wow that's crazy talk.:eek::eek:B) I'll look for that at the MMC next time i'm up that way. I think those guys don't like the cold or sumpin'... Maybe they aspire to be electric and when they try stuff breaks HEP goes out or stuff...:cool:B)

- A

In regards to the PL42AC its the same usual problem. The locomotive's computers shut the engine down and the employees could not restart the locomotive so instead of taking the locomotive off they just took the entire train back. The Raritan Valley Line is now PL42AC country.B)

Eric

In regards to the PL42AC its the same usual problem. The locomotive's computers shut the engine down and the employees could not restart the locomotive so instead of taking the locomotive off they just took the entire train back. The Raritan Valley Line is now PL42AC country.B)

Eric

I hope they fix them or simply get some p42dc from amtk.

- A

Archived