Bronx Bus

Harry

• 2 weeks later...

The rules and regulations are the same. The pay is different. TA and MaBSTOA, start off at a higher pay ($18.20), due to the fact we are under a different contract than MTA bus. MTA bus is still under the old private lines contract, so their payscale works according to that ($16.50). They also get paid every week at MTA Bus, while we get paid every two weeks. The radios in the buses are different. They cannot receive messages that come over the TA/MaBSTOA radios, and vice versa. Training to become a B/O is the same for all three agencies (7-10 days of qualification at depot of their choice, and two weeks of line training at the depot of your choice). As for pensions TA has their own, MaBSTOA has our own, and MTA Bus has theirs. MaBSTOA is also different, due to the fact at the general pick, we can switch depots between Manhattan and the Bronx (except 126st which is a TA depot).

You have an operator here, who knows the Kingbridge, and some West Farms routes (the Bx15, 17, and mainly 36, and Bx19 lines).

For real? I'd say I ride the Bx19 more than any other route! I use it just about every day to get to/from my neighborhood.

For real? I'd say I ride the Bx19 more than any other route! I use it just about every day to get to/from my neighborhood.

I worked that line last pick, and am doing it this summer pick. Won't give out my run # though (nosey beakies). Just look for the Kingsbridge hat, during the evening to night hours. It is for me as a driver the best line I worked, followed by the Bx1/2. Enough running time, and recovery time, on both lines.

I worked that line last pick, and am doing it this summer pick. Won't give out my run # though (nosey beakies). Just look for the Kingsbridge hat, during the evening to night hours. It is for me as a driver the best line I worked, followed by the Bx1/2. Enough running time, and recovery time, on both lines.

Have you ever drove on other boroughs?

The rules and regulations are the same. The pay is different. TA and MaBSTOA, start off at a higher pay ($18.20), due to the fact we are under a different contract than MTA bus. MTA bus is still under the old private lines contract, so their payscale works according to that ($16.50). They also get paid every week at MTA Bus, while we get paid every two weeks. The radios in the buses are different. They cannot receive messages that come over the TA/MaBSTOA radios, and vice versa. Training to become a B/O is the same for all three agencies (7-10 days of qualification at depot of their choice, and two weeks of line training at the depot of your choice). As for pensions TA has their own, MaBSTOA has our own, and MTA Bus has theirs. MaBSTOA is also different, due to the fact at the general pick, we can switch depots between Manhattan and the Bronx (except 126st which is a TA depot).

So if I ever want to drive a bus do it for the MaBSTOA bus.

Have you ever drove on other boroughs?

Not with the MTA, but when I worked for Campus Coach, I have been to all the Boroughs, and most cities in the Northeast.

I am not just a B/O, but also a former Professional Motorcoach Operator.

• 1 month later...

hi I worked for MTA BUS it's not the same as TA and MaBSTOA. When I was at 180 Livingston Street I was called for MaBSTOA. MTA asked me if I would like to come over to MTA bus which they said it was the same pay for TA. I sign over went to training got paid 12.50 went to 15.18hr. told me I would have to wait for my pass in about 4weeks. Training was very bad the trainer was yelling putting people down it was crazy I had to give up on the training. Also the Trainer told me he never worked with a charlie broke. if you want to know more about my story just let me know I would like to know if this happen to anyone.

Thanks

hi I worked for MTA BUS it's not the same as TA and MaBSTOA. When I was at 180 Livingston Street I was called for MaBSTOA. MTA asked me if I would like to come over to MTA bus which they said it was the same pay for TA. I sign over went to training got paid 12.50 went to 15.18hr. told me I would have to wait for my pass in about 4weeks. Training was very bad the trainer was yelling putting people down it was crazy I had to give up on the training. Also the Trainer told me he never worked with a charlie broke. if you want to know more about my story just let me know I would like to know if this happen to anyone.

Thanks

Well they lied to you about the pay. We started at 16.99hr, with OA. We got our passes on the first day of orientation.

Archived