G.Village substation tour

BronxBoys77

I tried to get on this tour but it was full already. If anyone on here does go please take some pics! I have been walking by that building for years while it was under construction. I would like to see what it looks like inside.BEHIND THE SCENES: SUBSTATIONS OF THE INDEPENDENT SUBWAY SYSTEM

$20, Museum members $15

The old rotary converters and electrical switchgear of yesteryear are long gone, but the unique shape and Art Deco elegance of the buildings housing them is alive and well at old number 6, one of 13 substations built in Manhattan in the 1930's to provide power to the Independent Subway System. Colossal and stylized, this early powerhouse sent energy through a labyrinth-like electrical network of cables, circuit breakers and third rails. Tour the newly renovated landmark site with two NYC Transit experts -- General Superintendent Robert W. Lobenstein and Principal Architect, Mashiyat Ashraf.

I tried to get on this tour but it was full already. If anyone on here does go please take some pics! I have been walking by that building for years while it was under construction. I would like to see what it looks like inside.BEHIND THE SCENES: SUBSTATIONS OF THE INDEPENDENT SUBWAY SYSTEM

$20, Museum members $15

The old rotary converters and electrical switchgear of yesteryear are long gone, but the unique shape and Art Deco elegance of the buildings housing them is alive and well at old number 6, one of 13 substations built in Manhattan in the 1930's to provide power to the Independent Subway System. Colossal and stylized, this early powerhouse sent energy through a labyrinth-like electrical network of cables, circuit breakers and third rails. Tour the newly renovated landmark site with two NYC Transit experts -- General Superintendent Robert W. Lobenstein and Principal Architect, Mashiyat Ashraf.

I know how I feel.

On Open House NY, my museum friend I was trying to get appointment to MTA Subway Station No. 2 tour in Brooklyn, but it was already full because it was free.

So, we have to give up and decided to go to High Bridge Water Tower instead.

After I went to Chelsea Pier, thanks to awful M23, I couldn't make it to Science Barge and it was full, so I have to do the on Sunday.

$20, Museum members $15

I know how I feel.

On Open House NY, my museum friend I was trying to get appointment to MTA Sub Station No. 2 tour in Brooklyn, but it was already full because it was free.

I wanted to see MTA SubStation #2 tour also.

So, we have to give up and decided to go to High Bridge Water Tower instead.

After I went to Chelsea Pier, thanks to awful M23, I couldn't make it to Science Barge Tour and it was already 50 people maxium, so I have to do the on Sunday.

Archived