New Flyer C40LF vs. Orion VII

nycbusfan

Which bus do you like better the New Flyer C40LF or Orion VII  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which bus do you like better the New Flyer C40LF or Orion VII

• New Flyer C40LF
    • Orion VII

As you might of read I drove both low floor CNG models. The New Flyer CNG will leave the Orion VII CNG in the dust. The New Flyer has a WAY FASTER acceleration. It is roomier, and is slightly larger. Hands down from this driver, the New Flyer C40LF rules!

Now the O7 Hybrids are a category of their own.

New Flyer C40LF:

NYCB_NFI_906.jpg

Taken by Pablo

These kind of buses are only found in Jackie Gleason Depot in Brooklyn.

Orion VII Hybrid:

NYCB_Orion_6692.jpg

Taken by Trevor Logan

These kind of buses are only found in Manhattanville, Mother Hale, Fresh Pond, East New York, Casey Stengel, Queens Villiage, Spring Creek, Far Rockaway, JFK, and Laguardia.

While I am at this, Orion VII CNG, note that the top tank is larger:

NYCB_Orion_7691.jpg

Taken by Trevor Logan

These kind of buses are only found in West Farms, and Jackie Gleason Depots.

Hope this helps.

For the survey, I don't ride the low floor New Flyers in New York that often. As for the Orion VIIs, I like the sound of the CNGs and the acceleration of the HEVs.

There are also some foward facing seats in the rear section of the Orion VII, but those are in the older models.

In fact, I'll go with the New Flyer. The Stop request indicator is easier to see in light, and the rear section is not too high. The only cons about the C40LFs are that there are no windows that can open in the rear and no emergency exit windows in the rear.

Is that an Orion VII Hybrid. I know in the Orion VII CNG they have only four seats in the rear (like the Orion V), not five. Still as a driver as I said before, I like the drive of the New Flyer CNG, hands down over the best driving Orion VII CNG. I have got a few Orion VII CNG that came close to the way the New Flyer CNG accelerates. Close but no cigar (actually a cigar might cause a big BOOM!).

Is that an Orion VII Hybrid. I know in the Orion VII CNG they have only four seats in the rear (like the Orion V), not five. Still as a driver as I said before, I like the drive of the New Flyer CNG, hands down over the best driving Orion VII CNG. I have got a few Orion VII CNG that came close to the way the New Flyer CNG accelerates. Close but no cigar (actually a cigar might cause a big BOOM!).

That is the interior of Orion VII Hybrid 6894.

There are also some foward facing seats in the rear section of the Orion VII, but those are in the older models.

In fact, I'll go with the New Flyer. The Stop request indicator is easier to see in light, and the rear section is not too high. The only cons about the C40LFs are that there are no windows that can open in the rear and no emergency exit windows in the rear.

I think the rear seats change from foward facing to side facing at 6741 in NYCT and 3549 at MTA Bus.

Archived