R46 N TRAIN !

error46146

Good photos by the way, to answer your question that R160A on he (E), the problem seems to be that the displays are not announcing the correct stations. "This is a Queens Bound (E) train, The next Stop is Canal Street", but it's really 14 Street. Another issue is that when the (E) is at 23rd Street, the sign "Next Stop" doesn't change to "This is"

Strange.

Before 1987 the majority of the "N" train fleet was R-46's. Since 1987 as i used to live in Coney Island area, over last 20 years i would see occasional an R46 (mainly during weekend g/o's)on the "N" line. In early 2004 when full service on the "N" returned the R46's was hardly used.

Just wanted to clarify.

Before 1987 the majority of the "N" train fleet was R-46's. Since 1987 as i used to live in Coney Island area, over last 20 years i would see occasional an R46 (mainly during weekend g/o's)on the "N" line. In early 2004 when full service on the "N" returned the R46's was hardly used.

Just wanted to clarify.

In 1987 the N and the R swapped terminals. The N went to Astoria instead of Forest Hills. It used exclusively CI equipment since. Before the switcharoo, I wouldn't suspect if the N borrowed Jamaica equipment.

if i recall, the (N) was a mix of R32s, R68/68As, and R40s during most of the 90s. when Coney Island was closed in 2002, it became mostly R40/40M/42s. when the Manhattan Bridge reopened in 2004, it became mostly R68/68As (and R40s were more common on weekends). A year later, the few CI R32s were moved from the (Q) back to the (N). now, it consists mostly of R160s with occasional R68/68As.

if i recall, the (N) was a mix of R32s, R68/68As, and R40s during most of the 90s. when Coney Island was closed in 2002, it became mostly R40/40M/42s. when the Manhattan Bridge reopened in 2004, it became mostly R68/68As (and R40s were more common on weekends). A year later, the few CI R32s were moved from the (Q) back to the (N). now, it consists mostly of R160s with occasional R68/68As.

http://www.thejoekorner.com/carassignments/

You could go back in time to 1998 and then move forward.

Guys let me clarify. Yes during the '90's and early part of this decade most of the "N" line was 32's/40's/68's. I was making point on rare occasion during the 90's usually weekends R46's would run on the "N".

Dont believe everything you read on the MTA website/history regarding the NYC subway fleet in it's history and did not take in account g/o's and other changes. Car fleet was for listing the regular usage at that time/era.

Some of you on these boards were even born yet or too young to remember. :tup:. Trust me I was on it (an R46 N train) and used to live in CI.

Guys let me clarify. Yes during the '90's and early part of this decade most of the "N" line was 32's/40's/68's. I was making point on rare occasion during the 90's usually weekends R46's would run on the "N".

Dont believe everything you read on the MTA website/history regarding the NYC subway fleet in it's history and did not take in account g/o's and other changes. Car fleet was for listing the regular usage at that time/era.

Some of you on these boards were even born yet or too young to remember. :tup:. Trust me I was on it (an R46 N train) and used to live in CI.

I do recalling riding a R46 on the N once. That was in the 90s.

I have been on that too on weekday PM Rush Hour, when R160 open door at Queens Plaza, it said, Queens-bound (E) local train. Next stop is Canal St.

One Black Lady said, "WHAT, CANAL ST? with late night station stops included.

I told her it is broken.

They finally restore the sign at Roosevelt Av.

When train was passing on express track, it said,

This is 36th St.

This is Steinway St.

This is 46th St.

This is Northern Blvd.

This is 65th St.

I also got on R160 (E) with Display just word THIS IS about 5 times in row.

Archived