the (F) line!

NYtransit

ok i have a question. WHEN will the R160 finally get to the (F) line!? i mean sorry for shouting but ive waited since summer and no R160 (F)! only on the (E)? why? i mean the (F) deserves it more,sorry but come on,it will look awsome on the culver line! does any body have any idea when will it go into passenger service?

i mean the (F) deserves it more

And that's where I disagree with you. The (E) has been running the oldest cars in the system for years now, while the (F) has the R46s. It's time for the (E) to get some new cars. The (F) can keep the R46s until they are replaced.

As to when, IDK, but I assume R160s will replace the R32 put-ins. Again, I don't know when.

I think either the (A)/© or the (F) should be the next lines to receive the R160. I dislike the R46.... but that's just my opinion. I would definitely like to see the R160 on the (F). Im getting a little tired of the usual R46 on the (F).

An R160 on the (A) or (C) would be nice too. A little change for them.

I keep on telling people THAT The R32's are not going anywhere for a wihle, The R44 is in very bad shape, They were supposed to go a long time ago, But they didnt, The R42's are the next to go after the R40's, The R44's most likely go after the R42's, 207th st has already started repainting the door steps of the R32's, 3514/15 and 3694/95 door steps were repaited red:

S5031029.jpg

S5031030.jpg

These 4 cars were at Jamaica for over 15 years so don't think these came from 207th in 2008 because these cars were at jamaica.

I see people counting down until the (F) uses R160A or R160B. I think the (E) using the R160A first was a better idea, because the (E) riders have been riding on the R32 cars for a long time. I can wait for the R160A/B on the (F) for a while, gotta enjoy the R160A on the (E) first.

I heard some R42s are running the (F), is that true? Also the R160s are burn testing on the (F) as we speak, the (F) is defiantly next on the list, maybe (R) since the Jamaica Lines are getting hit with R160s.

R42s do not run on the (F). they are only on the (E)(R). R160s MAY go on the (R).

There is one or two R32's on the F, so who knows, maybe that one set will get replaced.

there are plently of R32s on the (F). in fact, most of the R32s still in Jamaica run on the (F) instead of the (E) now, much to my annoyance.

there are plently of R32s on the (F). in fact, most of the R32s still in Jamaica run on the (F) instead of the (E) now, much to my annoyance.

Are you kidding? The (F) is so much fun to railfan! Especially during rush hours if Kings Highway bound trains are sent to the middle track on the elevated portion because of delays behind.

R160s cant go on the (A) cause of salt water issuses till thats fix or when they ever make the R179 or i call it the Rumor179 maybe they will make that model rugged so it can resist salt water and etc.

geez isnt the R160 stainless steal like the R44? Man its confusing :confused:

To all the (F) riders anticipating an R160A or an R160B train set. The (F) won't be running any R160A or R160B train sets for a while. How long do we have to wait? I'm not sure, but please be patient. I know that feeling about anticipating new subway cars due to speculations, and this makes us riders eager to ride the new trains so badly.

I felt the same way when the news media kept saying back in 2006 that the (N) and (Q) were supposed to use the R160 train sets the first. Of course I'm mainly a (Q) rider so not seeing the R160 on the (Q) for about a year after the supposed start time caused me to foam about it too much. When the (Q) used them last summer for passenger service, it was worth the wait!

Anyways, just relax, and do not get mad if the (F) doesn't get R160A/B cars in passenger service if it doesn't come soon enough. It will take a while. When the (F) finally uses R160A/B's I'm sure it's worth the wait too. So enjoy the (F)'s current fleet of R32 and R46, and when the R160A/B comes, you can enjoy that too.

Are you kidding? The (F) is so much fun to railfan! Especially during rush hours if Kings Highway bound trains are sent to the middle track on the elevated portion because of delays behind.

i know R32s make the (F) fun, but i used to like the (E) when it was entirely R32s. now i downright hate it and have been completely avoiding it ever since it became mostly R40M/42s because you know how much i hate the R42s.

I agree one of the reasons why I took an (E) assignment was to operate R32's. I never really liked the R42 but now that they here I just look foward in operating the R160 and sometimes but rare I get one R32 for a half trip. It almost sound good to pick the (F) again but my luck the R42 will follow me and beside the trip is too long I don't like the line as an Operator.

Archived