Morning Rush, G Chaos

ipaclansite

So I've taken two pictures from that one day where the Queens Blvd Line screwed over on me. That day they forced all locals on the express track, because of something that occurred at Roosevelt. When I finally got to Court Square however, there was more chaos there. And I managed to get 2 pictures from my camera phone.

0112090807jx1.jpg

w1280.png

Two (G) trains at Court Square, yes they're on one platform, and they're that close to each other. The one on the left was already in the station, but they had their doors closed, while the one on the right just arrived and unloaded.

0112090809uc6.jpg

w1024.png

Here's something less significant, a picture from the inside of the R32 (F) train that arrived on the other platform at Court Square.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures, but they were from my phone again :cool:

I really had no idea, I thought they were going to link those two sets actually lol. It appears they were working on the train on the left, two workers were inside it messing with the brakes or something, I guess they were testing something. Periodically the (F) uses the Crosstown Line should there be any problems or GO's. Apparently the garbage train passes through the Crosstown Line also.

Speaking of garbage trains, how many are there?

The one I see the most has the modded R62? end cars and I think 3 flatbeds for the trash. But I wanna say I've seen one using Redbirds too.

Most garbage trains I've seen use a set of redbirds and an older set, like R32s, R38s, R40s, or R42s, and occasionally another set of 'birds. As for the "modded" R62, I think you're thinking of the R127/R134...

img_63965.jpg

I really had no idea, I thought they were going to link those two sets actually lol. It appears they were working on the train on the left, two workers were inside it messing with the brakes or something, I guess they were testing something. Periodically the (F) uses the Crosstown Line should there be any problems or GO's. Apparently the garbage train passes through the Crosstown Line also.

Didn't the F line use the crosstown line before?

Archived