just got MABSToA list#in the mid 5000 also no word on exam 8006 list#

sealteam1962

:eek:i always heard file early you get in first well that does not seem to be true or they changed it i sent in 40.00 the first day and got a list number in the middle 5,000 whats up with that i guess i can forget about the mabstoa job i hope i get my list number also from exam 8006 ta i got 11 wrong hope that will be better but its almost a year now and no list number anyone hear anything yet is there still a hiring freeze any way take care all

Those numbers are in those order, and you will be called based on your number. First they call 1 - whatever, and so on so forth. The random selection, is your random number. You can send your money in first and be the last on the OA list. While waiting, I do recommend if possible, trying other companies. I drove cheese buses, worked for Coach USA, Campus Coach Lines (longest place I worked), then got into MTA as an OA B/O, now T/O........

i talked to some people at livingston st that i know they said yes that is a random number but that is not the way you will be called on the application it asked for for drivers number and if you have a cdl bp they told me something totally different from what you are saying the applications will all be randon selection also it is just a number those that have a cdl bp will get called first then permit and so on it does not matter if you are last on the list that is not how they will do the selection process;)

i talked to some people at livingston st that i know they said yes that is a random number but that is not the way you will be called on the application it asked for for drivers number and if you have a cdl bp they told me something totally different from what you are saying the applications will all be randon selection also it is just a number those that have a cdl bp will get called first then permit and so on it does not matter if you are last on the list that is not how they will do the selection process;)

That's a lie they told you. You get called by your list number in that order. People who didn't have a license were in front of me when hired. Your number given to you is random, you are hired in order of your random number, unless you got "connections".......

maybe i'll be called quicker because i have an class A with every endorsment out there?

Did you try Anchor Tank lines (use to be Mystic), or any other trucking company. I'll tell you I should go for a Class A, and see if I could part-time for Anchor or others. I wouldn't mind driving their nice shiny clean rigs. Who knows, I'll possibly like it so much, I'll leave these these hard a$$es I work for. Only the benefits is why I stay here. I'll keep applying to LIRR, and MNRR also. That's my dream career.........

Thanks, I'm in the construction business and I drive a dump trailer and also lowboy moving big excavators and other equipment. I'm just trying to get my foot in the door with the mta. i passed the recent conductor test with 100% and I also have sanitation in my back pocket since I already took thier physical in october '08. I actually worked for mystic a few years ago but I was only dispatching for them at the time. I got bored sitting all day with smokers and went for the cdl.

Thanks, I'm in the construction business and I drive a dump trailer and also lowboy moving big excavators and other equipment. I'm just trying to get my foot in the door with the mta. i passed the recent conductor test with 100% and I also have sanitation in my back pocket since I already took thier physical in october '08. I actually worked for mystic a few years ago but I was only dispatching for them at the time. I got bored sitting all day with smokers and went for the cdl.

I also took the DSNY physical last fall. It doesn't look like they will even go through round 1(3,759) unless they extend the list. They expect layoffs as soon as this spring. Just a question of how many.

Is that a gimmick when they say if you drive big,you make big money? Most CDL B jobs require heavy manual labor,where as most CDL A jobs are mainly driving only.

• 2 weeks later...

i talked to a lot of people at livingston st and zerega about the randon list numbers that where given out they told me it is only a number and cdl a-bp holders will be called first this time they said due to cut backs in the mta they will take exp drivers first for hire then permit holders if any after that they said its not in there budget to keep training non exp drivers at this time they are having many changes going on right now and number 1 is cutting costs right now my contacts assured that is how it will be done this time for this exam where it was not given only send in the 40.00 so i guess we have to wait and see how this comes about to the random list numbers it will be a lottery type of thing more exp the better chance of being hired

i just read thru this on nyc.gov dept of city wide administative services about the 6063 sanitation test maybe this is better news, but who knows

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/employment/sanitation_worker.shtml

That was back in March of last year Dan. DSNY had planned to have more than 2 classes last year but the economic crises started. There are rumors going on that they might not hire for a couple of years. Layoffs are certain,just a matter of when and how many.

i talked to a lot of people at livingston st and zerega about the randon list numbers that where given out they told me it is only a number and cdl a-bp holders will be called first this time they said due to cut backs in the mta they will take exp drivers first for hire then permit holders if any after that they said its not in there budget to keep training non exp drivers at this time they are having many changes going on right now and number 1 is cutting costs right now my contacts assured that is how it will be done this time for this exam where it was not given only send in the 40.00 so i guess we have to wait and see how this comes about to the random list numbers it will be a lottery type of thing more exp the better chance of being hired

did they say when they were going to start calling numbers? I have the A with P endorsment, but i never drove a bus in my life.

did they say when they were going to start calling numbers? I have the A with P endorsment, but i never drove a bus in my life.

Just out of curiosity,what type of vehicle did you use on your road test? I got my CDL BP on a 40ft school bus,not that hard after awhile,although a transit bus doesn't have a rear window like a school bus.

they told me that they will start sending out letters to eligible canidates the first week in march for the screening process they need drivers a lot of guys and gals that took the job last year have quit or have been fired you must understand being a bus driver is not a great job a lot of headaches rude nasty passengers,plus inspectors riding your bus make your announcements lot of people get fired for that plus management wants to fire you as soon as you get hired for anything and the union cant help you the first year.i know because i was on probation 6 months and was given the option to resign or be terminated so i resigned that was for being sick with doctors notes you are just a number to them so i filed for the mabstoa and also exam 8006 i hope i get back on and i wish you luck also

When I went for my B I took it in a school bus that the driving school had, I think it was 40ft. Then a year later I went for the A. But on my license it says i'm restricted only to a class b bus, i dont know what that means i never seen a class a bus?

Only thing that I can think of is maybe an articulated bus,but you can drive that with a CDL B with B/P endorsement.

How was the road test for the CDL A? The pre trip is more thorough right? You can only have 1 CDL,but you have what you need to drive a transit bus.

Only thing that I can think of is maybe an articulated bus,but you can drive that with a CDL B with B/P endorsement.

How was the road test for the CDL A? The pre trip is more thorough right? You can only have 1 CDL,but you have what you need to drive a transit bus.

the road test for the A was a little bit of a pain beacuse I took it in maspeth, the since I already had the B the inspector let me go without doing the outside pre-trip I only had to do the airbrake test. The worst was parking because where he had me doing it there was heavy traffic. I never want to go thru that again...

the road test for the A was a little bit of a pain beacuse I took it in maspeth, the since I already had the B the inspector let me go without doing the outside pre-trip I only had to do the airbrake test. The worst was parking because where he had me doing it there was heavy traffic. I never want to go thru that again...

Maspeth is the worst area to take your CDL Road test in. Was your instructor a short guy with a mullet and dark sunglasses? I failed the 1st time(cdl-B) mainly because of an inactive R/R crossing,but the traffic was bad,trucks double parked all over,hidden road signs,etc.

2nd time around I passed easily in Red Hook,like night and day. No problems whatsoever. No need to ever have to take a cdl road test again,just renew your cdl every 8 yrs.

Archived