Rail dumb, MTA! Platform at South Ferry station 1 inch too far from train

jacsnyy

I guess we can try to find the silver lining--at least they discovered this now, before the station actually opened, and people started falling and what not.

Bad juju rite there. Lets hope nothing at all bad happens.

- A

Metatops, You're the man for drawing that!

MTA is beginning to really piss me off. I'm beginning to like Septa more and I use to hate Septa.

Thanks a lot, (N)-Trizzy! I drew a parody of an R142A running on the (1), and the illustration to understand why the (1) riders aren't happy, Like most riders and transit fans, they're not happy with the (MTA).

I can wait a bit longer for that South Ferry Terminal to open, though.

Like i told you guys in the box. (MTA) is a joke aside from bus and MNRR. Mismanaged. The day to day folks, track workers and train crews have little to do with it, not blaming them, blaming the folks in charge. The subway has its flaws and they should have been fixed and this should not have happened either. When i have not ridden the subway in 2-3 weeks i really do feel like i've missed it when i do ride it again, but as i said, it has some real problems. When we get people who care about transit more than cars heading up (MTA)(NYCT) you will likely see changes in (MTA)'s operations but till then expect to be disappointed. :septa: still runs elevated lines, trackless and tracked trolly, street cars, and they even have a rapid transit line that uses 3rd rail. Ya they are vastly under-funded, but at least they try, waiting till their budget is sufficient to do what should be done operations wise.

- A

well the new future south ferry station was delayed til March-April.

oh well.

At least you still have a chance to use the old South Ferry Station more often before it closes.

I left work after 10 pm Friday night and nobody mentioned March-April. I know that some work is scheduled for this weekend at the station by track and contractors. Sorry I didn't read the G.O. entirely but new rubbing boards on both platforms can be installed in less than 8 hours. " Measure twice , cut once ".

Lets stay on topic. If you have information, you need to list a source, even if the source was wrong.

South ferry (new) is delayed, and for reasons other than the attachment of the rubbings bars, it may be more delayed than just from that one issue. I'm sure this is causing a chain reaction where everything is being double checked again to make 100% certain it's perfect, because once it opens its open and people don't want to see nonsense that could have been fixed with a simple delay in opening.

So, even if the person is making it up, or the worker ws making it up, it still could be the case. So lets move on and focus on the issue at hand, not attack someone for adding in their 2 cents. B)

- A

Lets stay on topic. If you have information, you need to list a source, even if the source was wrong.

South ferry (new) is delayed, and for reasons other than the attachment of the rubbings bars, it may be more delayed than just from that one issue. I'm sure this is causing a chain reaction where everything is being double checked again to make 100% certain it's perfect, because once it opens its open and people don't want to see nonsense that could have been fixed with a simple delay in opening.

So, even if the person is making it up, or the worker ws making it up, it still could be the case. So lets move on and focus on the issue at hand, not attack someone for adding in their 2 cents. B)

- A

Is it true that the South Ferry Station (new) has pipe problems?

Is it true that the South Ferry Station (new) has pipe problems?

Not sure, i do know they had issues with rain & snow though. It is a very complex station which is very high tech with new stuff (MTA) has never used before, so i'm not going to be shocked if they have more delays. I'd want it perfect before opening.

- A

I was on the (1) line Friday morning. It was the first time I have been back there in 2 months. I asked if it was open. The TSS and dispatcher said no. The TSS said look for it to open in April. There are still delays. April sounds about right, considering it is an MTA project........

I was on the (1) line Friday morning. It was the first time I have been back there in 2 months. I asked if it was open. The TSS and dispatcher said no. The TSS said look for it to open in April. There are still delays. April sounds about right, considering it is an MTA project........

April?! Are you serious?:confused:

You see I was right it was delayed til April.

We weren't saying you weren't right. We were simply asking where you got that information. Simply saying "the (MTA) gave it to me" isn't enough.

Back on topic. It's quite a shame the opening's being delayed, but I can't say I didn't expect it, as it seems everything's delayed one way or another these days.

Archived