Staten Island Bus

Harry

• 6 months later...

Hello all,

If your looking for a Staten Island Operator I might your guy. I have worked at the Yukon Depot for 9 yeasr driving local and express work. So if you have any questions ask away.

(NYCT)

cool another bus operator. can you tell us about the reroutes through New Jersey to avoid the traffic in Brooklyn and how they determine it.

As a former Staten Islander for 22 years, I always knew what models were used for many routes; as well as bus numbers and which depot they are / were out of. But, since my residency has changed since I departed Staten Island in August 2006, I noticed my trips back to the IslaNd; many models and numbers have been swapped between Castleton And Yukon. Any word yet on the Charleston Depot down In Rossville?

cool another bus operator. can you tell us about the reroutes through New Jersey to avoid the traffic in Brooklyn and how they determine it.

The X17J, X22, X30 travel through New Jersey via the Lincoln Tunnel(LT) in the AM and PM rush . X31 travels through Brooklyn only during the AM rush and goes through NJ in the evening. Express Dead Head trips back to SI are supposed to use the LT thru NJ before 9:30. After 9:30 BBT thru Brooklyn.(MTA)

As a former Staten Islander for 22 years, I always knew what models were used for many routes; as well as bus numbers and which depot they are,(were) and out of. But, since my residency has changed since I departed Staten Island in August 2006, I noticed my trips back to the IslaNd; many models and numbers have been swapped between Castleton And Yukon. Any word yet on the Charleston Depot down In Rossville?

Check this article out

http://www.silive.com/news/advance/index.ssf?/base/news/120022110952290.xml&coll=1

Archived