Hey Everyone Im New!

BxKid

Welcome to New Yor City Transit Forums....congrats on passing the test and good luck on becoming the next C/R. I'm sure ppl on here who took the test, the other C/R's and T/O's will explain to you about the scoring. Again congrats!:tup:

Thanks! And Thanks For Commenting.

Welcome to the forums. I also took the C/R exam in December, so I can help you out with your questions. You got 96% correct on your exam. It will be at least a year before the exam list is established and everyone gets their scores. The waiting for be called is longer ballpark figure, so it could be anywhere from 2-4 years. The MTA won't be using the Open Competitive list for a while. They will use up everyone from the promotional list first before we are called.

Welcome to the forums. I also took the C/R exam in December, so I can help you out with your questions. You got 96% correct on your exam. It will be at least a year before the exam list is established and everyone gets their scores. The waiting for be called is longer ballpark figure, so it could be anywhere from 2-4 years. The MTA won't be using the Open Competitive list for a while. They will use up everyone from the promotional list first before we are called.

Thanks For The Info

I Stopped One Girl On The Platform One Day An She Said She Wasnt Contacted Till 5 Years After Her Test And She Got A 98! So It Scared Me A Little. Im Hoping The Wait Is As Short As Possible.

Also A Couple Of Other Things:

I Also Took The Station Agent Test With My Cousin Back When Ever Was The Last Time That Gave It, And He Just Got His Score And List Number In The Mail Yesterday, He Scored A 98 And His List Number Is 666

1. Its Been Under A Year So Its Possible Lists Are Established Before The 1 Year Mark?

2. We Live In The Same House And I Havnt Got Mine Yet, Does That Pretty Much Mean My Score Is Lower? (A 98 Is Hard To Beat Anway)

3. If I Were To Start Work As A Station Agent 1st How Would That Effect My Conductor Status? Can You Just Switch? Are You Disqualified For That Title? Is It A Big Process To Switch?

I Know Im Asking Alot But Any And All Answers Are Appreciated!

1.) Could vary depending on the amount of people that took the exam, so thats why on some exams, you'll get the score quicker. I know A LOT of people took the C/R.

2.) Can't really answer that. I would call DCAS and see whats going on.

3.) I'm not 100% sure on this, so I'll wait for someone else to answer this instead of giving you bad information.

1.) Could vary depending on the amount of people that took the exam, so thats why on some exams, you'll get the score quicker. I know A LOT of people took the C/R.

2.) Can't really answer that. I would call DCAS and see whats going on.

3.) I'm not 100% sure on this, so I'll wait for someone else to answer this instead of giving you bad information.

'Preciate It

All I can say is that 22k people are on the last exam....and those are just the one's that passed the exam.....and they only called 3k people of that list.....seems like giving test's and making money off people is a way of life for DCAS.......:cry:.....the way I see it if you passed the test....you should be called no matter what!!

Welcome to the site and congrats on passing the C/R test. As far as your station agent thing if they call you for emplOyment BY ALL MEANS TAKE IT! It'll be years before they call you for the initial C/R processing and it could be months after that before they call you back for the medical (if at all). Next month is the T/O exam and I'm sure you're gonna take that one. Filing is also now open for Transit Clerical but the pay is just one grade above poverty. The main thing is to get in and then see what your options are

Archived