R160 Options 2 & 3

Maserati7200

People, the option 3 order of R160s will complete the entire order of 1,662 cars.

R160 Option order 3 is to replace the R44's on the (A) line, Coney Island will get these R160's to replace the R68's that will deadhead to pitkin and 207th st yards.

the (E)(F)(J)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(W)(Z) are supposed to be fully R160s by the summer of 2010. the 3rd option order will either provide extra service or get rid of some of the R44s (i really hope so) since the base order and first two options orders are replacing all R32s-R42s. if not, R44s will not be going anywhere because it seems only (A) riders enjoy them.

The End of Option order 2 and the Option order 3 will replace all R44's, The staten Island ones are staying, The R68's from CI will displace the the R44 on the (A) line, The R32's and SI R44's will be replaced by R179's.

It was the MTA's original plan to get rid of the R44 by R160's.

So the next line to get R160's are The (:),(F),((G) (Coney Island Yard) will be R160, The R179 will go to jamaica and Staten Island to replace the 1/2 of the R46's and to retire the SIRT R44's under contract as R45 and The Displaced R46's would go to pitkin and 207th st yards to replace the R32's on the (A) and (C) lines, The R179 is to run on the (F) and (V) Or (F) and (R) lines leaving the (R) or The (V) with the Remaining R46's.

The (G) is going to be at coney Island so the (G) will be R160, Coney Island will keep the R68 singles for the (S)huutle.

The End of Option order 2 and the Option order 3 will replace all R44's, The staten Island ones are staying, The R68's from CI will displace the the R44 on the (A) line, The R32's and SI R44's will be replaced by R179's.

It was the MTA's original plan to get rid of the R44 by R160's.

So the next line to get R160's are The (:),(F),((G) (Coney Island Yard) will be R160, The R179 will go to jamaica and Staten Island to replace the 1/2 of the R46's and to retire the SIRT R44's under contract as R45 and The Displaced R46's would go to pitkin and 207th st yards to replace the R32's on the (A) and (C) lines, The R179 is to run on the (F) and (V) Or (F) and (R) lines leaving the (R) or The (V) with the Remaining R46's.

The (G) is going to be at coney Island so the (G) will be R160, Coney Island will keep the R68 singles for the (S)huutle.

The contract number for the SIR is R43, not R45.

No one mentioned the R160A-1 option order that's going to ENY.

The R160A-1 order is already completed. All cars are in service on the (J), (L), (M) & (Z)

But anyway, if there is an option 3 and the last R160 car number is 9592, what will be their numbers because everybody knows that you can't go higher than 9999.

How would it be weird? It would be Westinghouse motors replacing Westinghouse motors. Besides, I believe the R68s ran on the A for one week during the 90s when they were shooting a movie(forgot the name).

It was a R68A set, and an R68 set in the 2000s, about 2 years ago I believe. And it would be weird cause they would no longer be in the (:),(D),(N),(Q) and (W). It would be on the death row line. There would no longer be R68s @ Coney Island, The Brighton Line, The West End Line & Sea Beach Lines!! :cry: ( Depending on how many actually do get swapped of course )

It was a R68A set, and an R68 set in the 2000s, about 2 years ago I believe. And it would be weird cause they would no longer be in the (:),(D),(N),(Q) and (W). It would be on the death row line. There would no longer be R68s @ Coney Island, The Brighton Line, The West End Line & Sea Beach Lines!! :cry: ( Depending on how many actually do get swapped of course )

Ok, does the (A) really have to be called the "Death Line"? True, whatever car is going to be scrapped gets its last rites on the (A) but does it really have to be called that?

The R160A-1 order is already completed. All cars are in service on the (J), (L), (M) & (Z)

There are still R42 cars running in the ED,so there's gonna be an R160A-1

option order to replace those cars.i think it's gonna be 30 or 60 cars in the

order.

No it was not. If you actually read the 2008 - 2013 Capital Plan, it explicitly says they are ordering R179's to replace R44's. Besides, Option 3 alone would not be enough to replace all R44's.

That is true. I think another order of R160 will be needed to fully replace the R44s, but I will miss them.

Archived