Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Novabus 5000

What retired bus would you bring back?

Since there is a what retired subway car thread in the subway forum then I want to know what buses you like to bring back.

1. Nova Bus RTS 6360

2. 1985-86 GMC RTS PBL

3 All retired rts buses from NYCT

I'd bring back #409, it has a #6000 series interior and the window opens so far you can fall out the bus easily. That bus' engine really sucks though. It did screech loudly though, touch the gas and you hear CHH CHH CHH CHH CHH CHH CHH *moan* CHH CHH CHH CHH haha

Guest Charles

The TMC RTS CNGs! (Or whatever order they go in, lol...B))

The ones on Triboro and Command. Clean Air Sky. Loved their engines.

the buses that are here and still in service are doing fine.

So no needed to bring back retired buses in service.

Need to learn to move on.

Once a bus is scrapped you cannot restore it.

But they still built some RTS and they have Orange LCD signs and GPS system inside the bus.

But way older buses from the past,they don't built those kinds of buses anymore.

Ummm, dude, hypothetical situation here. Nostalgia. Elegy, if you're willing to go that far. This will not realistically happen.

As for me, I'd like the GMC RTS back, and the Nova RTS hybrids.

If I could, I would bring back:

1) G.M.C. Old Look

2) G.M.C. New Look (AKA The Fishbowl)

to New York City Bus routes.

Actually I have a dream: I would like to take the BX55 and turn it into New York's first "Heritage" bus route, equipping the line with working Old Looks, Fishbowls and even an original R.T.S. from 1977.

CLASSICS!

They should have been rebuilt (as once proposed) and repowered, and then they might not have had to buy so many MCI's (which are OTR coaches and probably not needed on all express routes).

all GMC RTS's and all RTS's 4300-4899 series, and 8000-8399 (the ones that are retired), 8400-8566 (the ones that are retired), 8567 (CNG Bus), all RTS Hybrid Buses, the rebuilt 7000-7559 series, and flexibles.

id bring back rts nova cng rts nova 6360 and the 1960s buses lol and rts nova 9303 ( ex-nyct bus)

There was never a NovaBus RTS CNG...

1.GMC RTS 04 &06s!

2. them bad ass 1993 TMC RTS CNGs

[love that cummins L10G & Zf ecomat 590 HP]

3.Fishbowls (ones with AC)

4.1996 Orion V CNG w/ZF Ecomat 590 HP

5. MCI Classics

id bring back rts nova cng rts nova 6360 and the 1960s buses lol and rts nova 9303 ( ex-nyct bus)

6360 was a Hybrid RTS, but man im pissed i never got to ride in it. :).

The GMC New Look Fishbowls

The ORIGINAL GMC RTS

The TMC RTS CNGs, oh man those bad boys and their Cummins L10Gs with the ZF ECOMAT HP-590 combos... Total bliss!

I would like to see the return of the HEV RTSs, the Command CNG RTSs, the Orion VI HEVs, and Orion Vs 101-316 and 409. About the heritage line proposal, I agree but I don't think it would be a good idea to put that equipment on a route like the Bx55 that uses artics. What I would like to do is use the M34 for the retired city buses and the M98 for the retired suburban seated buses that purpose because:

1) They come out of MJQ, which should be more than large enough to hold a museum fleet in addition to what it has.

2) Neither route needs artics and thus there should be no capacity issues.

3) The M34 has the M16 for partner service and the M98 has the M4/M101/M102/M103 for partner service, so that nobody in a wheelchair will find a largely inaccessible line their only option.

If there are not enough Classics/V suburbans/RTS suburbans for the M98, then the M42 can loan out one or two retired city buses.