Photos: Greetings From MBTA Land!

R62A 1991

Instead of going home this vacation, I decided to stay with a friend. And we went into Boston today on MBTA, because he knows I'm a railfan. Here's the pictures from our trip:

100_4550.jpg

Hamilton-Wenham, our station. We're on the Newbury/Rockport Line.

100_4551.jpg

What's up with the completely snow-covered tracks? Oh, I forgot, this is not a subway line...

100_4552.jpg

It's a push-pull consist?

100_4553.jpg

Yes, it is. My first ride on both MBTA and a push-puller.

100_4554.jpg

Some views from inside the train, a view of one locomotive:

100_4556.jpg

100_4559.jpg

MBTA Green Line Train, approaching the Science Park Station.

100_4560.jpg

100_4561.jpg

It's going into the tunnel for North Station.

100_4567.jpg

Amtrak stops at North Station? Cool.

100_4573.jpg

We end our trip at the same place:

100_4576.jpg

100_4577.jpg

Hamilton & Wenham. I've never been on so many grade crossings before in my life. I like MBTA, but they need some new cars, something like the M7/As, but better. Great day today. Hope you enjoyed!

Nice shots! North station is the start point for the amtrak downeaster which goes to maine.

MBTA has really good equipment. Very similar to (NJT), :septa:, and some (MTA) MNRR. The reason it doesnt have EMU is because most of (if not all) the lines are not electrified. I would never take an M7 over a shoreliner/comet car!!! Maybe some multilevels or comet 5. They do need some new stuff though i agree. Those look like comet 2.

- A

Great photographs today, I rode the Green Line train last Sunday in Boston, it's awesome!

Thanks! I have to ride the Green Line someday.

Great shots.

Meta, yeah it is one of the better lines to ride. But it is a pain when all the trains get backed up. Once they split up it is really nice.

Thanks. I guess they have the same problems that plague some NYC trains.

Excellent pics Ali :tup:

Thanks!

Nice shots! North station is the start point for the amtrak downeaster which goes to maine.

MBTA has really good equipment. Very similar to (NJT), :septa:, and some (MTA) MNRR. The reason it doesnt have EMU is because most of (if not all) the lines are not electrified. I would never take an M7 over a shoreliner/comet car!!! Maybe some multilevels or comet 5. They do need some new stuff though i agree. Those look like comet 2.

- A

Thanks! I see. Well, the train got me where I needed to go, so it's fine to keep them. Forgot that it's not electrified.

Nice photos!!

Thanks!

Love the snowy shot, makes me wanna make a snowman on the train track and have the train crush it lol jk. Even to its not that gd =p

Thanks! A place like this is perfect for something like that.

For everyone's enjoyment, youtube videos! Beware, as 2 of them are close to 10 minutes.

Archived