What bus lines should have limited stop service?

B41

However just like someone suggesting limited stop service for the S-78/79 Hylan Coordior in SI, the B82 is suuposed to get a BRT aka "Select' bus service similar to the BX12 running between Bay and Belt Parkways in Bensonhurst and the Spring Creek Gateway Mall in Starret City area by next year.

^^ I thought it was the B44 that was supposed to get BRT here in brooklyn; w/ the (ridiculous) re-routing of northbound buses up Rogers av instead of New york av... I hope that does NOT happen.

Anyway, I didn't hear about this... Now the B82's supposed to get BRT?

And on top of that, an extension to Gateway mall?

^^ I thought it was the B44 that was supposed to get BRT here in brooklyn; w/ the (ridiculous) re-routing of northbound buses up Rogers av instead of New york av... I hope that does NOT happen.

Seriously I did see this "proposed B82 select" at a MTA meeting 4 years ago when the MTA first proposed Citywide BRT. One of the lines that oringally that was supposed to get BRT was a Kings Highway-Flatlands B82 limited was choosen to run between Caser's Bay(Bay and Belt Parkway-Bensonhurst)and Gateway Mall in Spring Creek via Starret City.

While the "B82 Local" would run between Rockaway Parkway and Stillwell Ave and the B82 Extended to Starret City(Penn & Seaview)when the B82 select is not running.

Maybe with the current Ecomonic crisis, the B82 Select is on hold.

Well if not up Rogers Ave then at least make New York Ave a one way street and serial the lights like they are on Bedford Ave N/O Fulton St

Bronx:

Bx5, Bx9

Brooklyn:

B3, B8*, B9, B11, B12*, B15*, B61, B63*, B82

Manhattan:

NONE

Queens:

NONE

Staten Island:

S53*-S83, S78-S88, S79-S99

(S93 operates a whole different direction)

*REALLY NEEDS LIMITED SERVICE DUE TO OVERCROWDS ON LOCAL ROUTES!!!

Bronx:

Bx5, Bx9

Brooklyn:

B3, B8*, B9, B11, B12*, B15*, B61, B63*, B82

Manhattan:

NONE

Queens:

NONE

Staten Island:

S53*-S83, S78-S88, S79-S99

(S93 operates a whole different direction)

*REALLY NEEDS LIMITED SERVICE DUE TO OVERCROWDS ON LOCAL ROUTES!!!

Luis i sent you an email explaining the rules for limited stop service.

Regading the S53/79 actually the MTA by no later than start of next year(early 2010)plans to create an "S79 select" aka Bus Rapid Transit similar to the BX12 select service in Bronx.

Of those buses Luis you suggested let me reply with the routes that the best canadiates IMO for limited in future (when budget crisis is over.) These lines already have 6-7 minute headways rush hours.

Brooklyn

B8(probably just the peak hours)

B12(too close to the B35). Plus alot of riders get on B12 at 'local stops' other than major stops like EAST NY/Utica, Clarkson/Flatbush, etc.

B15-This might be the next canadiate (along with either the B8 or B82)for limited. I agree that the B15 should already have it.(limited during the rush hours)

B82-I also agree 100% with Luis on this one. I know a couple of years ago, the B82 was a canadiate for BRT aka 'select service.' Now with Budget crisis i think it off the table.

Wont ever get it in Brooklyn.

B3-Although it has 4-5 minute headways rush hours, this route end-end is only 5.5 miles tops according to mapquest.

B11, , B61,(too close to the "G" train most of the route) & B63(too close to the "R" train most of the route)

Bronx

BX9(too close to the nearby BX12 to get 'limited stop)

A better choice for 'new' limited service IMO.(BX19 & Bx5-rush hours only)

Should get more 'limited service.'

Q43 & Q46-Both routes Should run 'limited' all day weekdays (instead of just rush hours only currently)since middays hours mondays-fridays both the Q43 and Q46 run with 6-7 minute headways at that time.

Just some replies.

Regading the S53/79 actually the MTA by no later than start of next year(early 2010)plans to create an "S79 select" aka Bus Rapid Transit similar to the BX12 select service in Bronx.

Of those buses Luis you suggested let me reply with the routes that the best canadiates IMO for limited in future (when budget crisis is over.) These lines already have 6-7 minute headways rush hours.

Brooklyn

B12(too close to the B35). Plus alot of riders get on B12 at 'local stops' other than major stops like EAST NY/Utica, Clarkson/Flatbush, etc.

B15-This might be the next canadiate (along with either the B8 or B82)for limited. I agree that the B15 should already have it.(limited during the rush hours)

B82-I also agree 100% with Luis on this one. I know a couple of years ago, the B82 was a canadiate for BRT aka 'select service.' Now with Budget crisis i think it off the table.

B3-Although it has 4-5 minute headways rush hours, this route end-end is only 5.5 miles tops according to mapquest.

B11, , B61,(too close to the "G" train most of the route) & B63(too close to the "R" train most of the route)

Bronx

Q43 & Q46-Both routes Should run 'limited' all day weekdays (instead of just rush hours only currently)since middays hours mondays-fridays both the Q43 and Q46 run with 6-7 minute headways at that time.

Just some replies.

thank u so so much. i really appreciate it. im going to save this info.

Guest Charles

Just some replies.

I agree. They're like the B44 and B46 in Queens.

Luis and other members one last tip. For instance if you see the M101, the M2 and Q44 for instances with 10-12 minute headways during middays monday-friday and weekends, there a catch. Those '3' formentioned lines are part of a coordior in which the combined headways is every 5-6 minutes or less 7 days a week.

Q44=Q20(Local)Main St in Queens

M2=M3 M1 & M4(non rush hours only)-5th and Madison Ave coordior

M101 & M98(weekdays only)=M102 and M103(Local)-Lex and 3rd Ave coordior.

M5(weekdays only)=M6(Midtown)and M4(Upper Manhattan/Bway Local)

Hope everyone now understands limted stop service is created.:(

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Brooklyn

Bronx

Just some replies.

I disagree with the Bx9 not getting a limited service because it is close to the Bx12. In reality. Them 2 routes end up two totally different places on both ends. It Meets on Fordham from southern Blvd to Kingsbridge. That's not even 1/4 of the roure for either bus. Just not a good enough reason for the Bx9 not to get a limited.

And I don't think the 5 needs it at all because after white plains, the bus gets to Pelham very quick!!!!

Its so sad no one mention the Tremont Crosstown. Bx42 I would use rather as LTD, even tho it makes a turn over at randall ave while the bronx 40 head str8 to harding, but limited can start/end at randalls/harden

B15 could use it , seeing its a very long ride from bklyn heights to queens. When I took to JFK over at New Lots on the (3) I cant believe it took me an hr to get there in the summer of 07. Make that an SBS even better lol =)

Q60 LTD maybe? from Manhattan to Jamaica seems long, even tho the IND line is provided

Yes, B44 Limited will become Select Bus Service, not B82.

Archived