Exclusive! R160B testing on the G!!!!

N-Trizzy2609

Thats definitely something cool to see, but the chance of them staying there as everyone else not likely, maybe someday. I periodically see F's rerouted over the (G), but why did they have to put the (G) on it? They could have just left it as an (F), unless they did that on purpose...

Thats definitely something cool to see, but the chance of them staying there as everyone else not likely, maybe someday. I periodically see F's rerouted over the (G), but why did they have to put the (G) on it? They could have just left it as an (F), unless they did that on purpose...

u cannot do that because you have the (F) running on the (C) line. it will be confusing. there are no track connectors that allow the (G) to connect with the (A)(C), but there are ones that allow the (F) to connect with them. that is why they have this type of service change while Jay Street-Borough Hall is being renovated. if you do not believe me. look at this track map:

http://images.nycsubway.org/trackmap/bigbklynhts.png

That car number was 9147. It was an R160B, and a new delivery at that too. It was still in the burn testing phase. It'll be in service on the (Q) or (W) in a week or two. However, R160Bs 9163 to 9232 will go to Jamaica Yard for the (E) and (F).

And also, these trains aren't actually going on the (G). More likely it was just testing on the possible reroutes of the (F) since the (F) is getting R160s in the near future too. The fact that it turned into an (F) train right after it finished the (G) route makes that explanation more likely.

Damn it. Can't believe some R160B are going to Jamaica Yard.

dont get too excited. just because a new car is being tested on a line does not necessarily mean it is going to make revenue service runs on it. a new car has to be tested on every single line in its division before it can start making passenger runs, regardless of where it is planned to be put on.

Since when did this go into effect? Burn tests of a new 160a or b train consists are not tested on every line.

Since when did this go into effect? Burn tests of a new 160a or b train consists are not tested on every line.

it is only common sense to do that

This disproves that the (G) is the (MTA)'s stepchild.

If it were, they would be using the oldest cars CI has, which would be the R42 or R68.

it probably will be using R68/68As. the R42s maintained at Coney Island were retired a long time ago.

Thats great to see that train on the (G) line. If they put those trains on the (G) line, all will be forgiven that the MTA permanently cut the (G) to Court Sq in my book. ;)

probably will not happen

FlushingExpress: Hey, a guy can dream cant he? B)

well of course. in fact, i have too many dreams that make me look insane. that is why i began writing short stories and poems to let them all out. if you want to read some of them, click on the link below:

http://www.storymania.com/cgibin/sm2/smshowauthorbox.cgi?page=1&author=ThaiW&alpha=T

Nice vid!

I won't suspect if the people on Save the G are crying when they saw this video.

having R160s on the (G) is not make its riders happy. they do not care about what cars it uses. they just want full time service to Queens Boulevard, more service on their line, and trains that are at least six car lengths long.

having R160s on the (G) is not make its riders happy. they do not care about what cars it uses. they just want full time service to Queens Boulevard, more service on their line, and trains that are at least six car lengths long.

Oh really? You surveyed them? I believe you should stop generalising, just like what you have done with the R42s on the E.

But that was the website. How about every single rider out there? You think the website is a good speakerphone for every G rider?

each rider has their own opinion. maybe a few will be pleased to see the (G) get new cars, but generally, they just want better service, even though i do not understand why they complain because every time i ride the (G), it is almost empty and something really embarassing happened to me two years ago because of that.

each rider has their own opinion. maybe a few will be pleased to see the (G) get new cars, but generally, they just want better service, even though i do not understand why they complain because every time i ride the (G), it is almost empty and something really embarassing happened to me two years ago because of that.

Now how about this... what do YOU personally think of placing the R160s on the G?

Archived