Exclusive! R160B testing on the G!!!!

N-Trizzy2609

each rider has their own opinion. maybe a few will be pleased to see the (G) get new cars, but generally, they just want better service, even though i do not understand why they complain because every time i ride the (G), it is almost empty and something really embarassing happened to me two years ago because of that.

Are you those thousands of riders that commute on the (G) everyday, and know every single rider and thier opinion on the (G)?

Are you those thousands of riders that commute on the (G) everyday, and know every single rider and thier opinion on the (G)?

A better question should be:

Do you even ride the G everyday?

no, but i do go to school near the (G) and do a lot of railfanning near there during my breaks. i guess i just happen to ride the (G) when it is not so crowded.

maybe a few will be pleased to see the (G)

Not to mess things up even further, but I believe that riders prefer the new cars on the (G). I'm not saying the R46s are trash or anything, but wouldn't it be more comfortable to have a well equipped train with better A/C power, brighter lights, and a destination aid? Customers might not love the new cars, but they won't certainly hate it.

Not to mess things up even further, but I believe that riders prefer the new cars on the (G). I'm not saying the R46s are trash or anything, but wouldn't it be more comfortable to have a well equipped train with better A/C power, brighter lights, and a destination aid? Customers might not love the new cars, but they won't certainly hate it.

Aren't they (R160) better for OPTO operation? That's what I heard.

since there are all these budget problems now, anyone think of putting R160A's on the G in 8 car sets (maybe more cost effective that 10 car set of R160B's but better than just one 5 car set)

No, because the thing is, the R160s are built into either 4 or 5 car sets. And as well all know, all 4 car sets are going to ENY exclusively. And the G is based out of Jamaica, which will run 5 car R160s. Even when it will be sent to CI, CI does not base 4 car sets. And it is a long process in sending 4 car sets for use on the G.

Archived