R160 (F)!

NYtransit

R160A and R160B on (F) in February, wow, isn't that awesome. The long wait appears to be over, but let's just hold our breath for now. Your R160 (Q) train photos at Astoria, are the best. I'd like to check that out. Anyways your photographs are interesting, but they're a bit too big, though. Great Job!

WTF:

Why are the (Q) signs replacing (W) signs?

Oh god, why are the R160B on the (F)!!!

:cry:

Nice pics!

Seriously can anyone tell me why (Q) signs are replacing (W) signs?

The (Q) sign is just a temporary sticker over the (W), at Queensboro Plaza, that's another option (7) riders have to go to and from Manhattan. I did not see any (Q) signs elsewhere over the Astoria line.

We all know that more R160s will come on till 2013 or so. Having an R160 on the (F) is no big deal in mid february.

I am sick of mass transit myself even if the system was all R160's instead of the crap we have now.

Mass transit brings in the filth of humanity such as beggars, vagrants, homeless, and the like in New York City. Unless we have a system whereby these people are banned and removed from the system with full security, nothing will change and in this economy, it doesn't look like it will change.

Is it just me or does it seem like these people are on the Queens portion of the E + F lines rather than the lines in Manhattan like the 4,5 and 6.

I don't go to other areas of the city. But when Ive seen vagrants they have been on the Queens lines and not in Manhattan per say.

We all know that more R160s will come on till 2013 or so. Having an R160 on the (F) is no big deal in mid february.

I am sick of mass transit myself even if the system was all R160's instead of the crap we have now.

Mass transit brings in the filth of humanity such as beggars, vagrants, homeless, and the like in New York City. Unless we have a system whereby these people are banned and removed from the system with full security, nothing will change and in this economy, it doesn't look like it will change.

Is it just me or does it seem like these people are on the Queens portion of the E + F lines rather than the lines in Manhattan like the 4,5 and 6.

I don't go to other areas of the city. But when Ive seen vagrants they have been on the Queens lines and not in Manhattan per say.

That's just generalizing. I've seen vagrants, homeless, etc on the (4)(5)(6). There are people like that everywhere, and there's really nothing we can realistically do about them.

Nice stuff dude.. It seems every time I leave for school, the (Q) is extended to Astoria. The one G.O. I want to photograph never appears when I'm in New York. This is 2 years in a row now....

oh well sorry man.there usually is a cool G.O's in the summer,but i think a (Q) extended to astoria happends 40% of the time when (7) is doing reconstruction because of MTA's debt.

Nice pictures. This is one instance where I'm advocating for the trunk line of the (N)/(W) to be 31 St, as that's the street they travel on for a good amount. Now that (Q) Via Astoria is redundant, because Astoria-Ditmars is the destination. If 31 St was known as the trunk line, via 31 St would be a good reading. But that's just me, and that's irrelevant, really. Nice stuff, including your video.

Archived