Fast Station Warning

Amtrak7

Here is a shot I found on nycsubway.org:

img_95823.jpg

(not mine)

Southbound Rockaway Blvd. (A)

Are there any other warning signs like this around the system? (esp. at Aqueduct, Aqueduct Racetrack, or Howard Beach?)

Why is Aqueduct considered a fast station, because of its distance from Rockaway Blvd., terrain, or both?

Rookie or not, a T/O should know the line they are working on. This is why in school car they are taken all over their division. Above all, keep your train under control. Back in the day they never had signs like this, hell they did not even have C/R boards.

I saw the same sign on the Queens bound Nostrand Avenue platform on the (A), advising the T/O that Utica Avenue is also a fast station and to brake early. So far I've seen all the T/Os operating the same way they used to operate.

they did not even have C/R boards.

I assume all they had was the marker signs for the T/O then?

Signs like the one in the OP is just an example of how in general, all jobs seem to get dumbed down over time. A damn shame if you ask me. This was posted on SubChat a week or two ago, and there were some (assumedly retired) T/A employees who were fuming that a sign like this was posted.

I assume all they had was the marker signs for the T/O then?

Signs like the one in the OP is just an example of how in general, all jobs seem to get dumbed down over time. A damn shame if you ask me. This was posted on SubChat a week or two ago, and there were some (assumedly retired) T/A employees who were fuming that a sign like this was posted.

Tell me about it man. The exam for C/R was so simple, no wonder you get so many dumb people that manage to get into the MTA.

Tell me about it man. The exam for C/R was so simple, no wonder you get so many dumb people that manage to get into the MTA.

I'd say that the TA would be better off if C/R and T/O were promotion-only titles. Meaning you're starting off as a cleaner working your way up and "earning those handles" as some put it.

Archived