I miss the BMT

Myrtle Ave El MJ

Franklin-Brighton-#7

Culver Shuttle

Fulton St El (from Rockaway Ave to Lefferts Blvd

West End T and TT trains

Brighton-Broadway Express (Q) 57th St to Brighton Beach

Jamaica Ave El ( to 168th St )

The pm specials from Pacific St through the Montague tunnel to Chambers St and then via the Manhattan Bridge back to Pacific St

IRT

Bowling Green Shuttle

Third Ave El ( from 149th St to Gun Hill Road )

(3) 9 cars , Lenox to Flatbush *

(2) The Beast, New Lots to 241 St *

(1) 137th St to South Ferry *

<5> Lex Thru Express , Utica to 241 St * Exp 3rd Ave-180St-Gun Hill-241St

* I've operated these lines back in the day

I forgot to mention the first time I saw the Eastern Parkway-Broadway Junction-Atlantic Ave complex on the BMT Eastern division. The Fulton St EL line was still running at the time so you had 3 separate lines converging in the area, as well as East NY yard in the background. That's when I decided that my Lionel could never match the real world. Heck, the Canarsie line had TWO C/Rs opening doors at Broadway Junction in the rush hours. Maybe some older B1 guys could tell you how many towers were in control out there. I figure at least 3 controlled the train movements in the area back then.

Well, new things doesn't necessarily have to be better than old things. Right? B)

Besides, it's his opinion - one that I share. R160 = :tdown:, sadly.

lol oh wow. well, i enjoy the smooth ride of the R160...makes it easy to fall asleep if u commute from broad st. all the way 2 queens. besides that they are clean ( i must say the ones on the bmt eastern line are the less-cleaner ones ) but still i dont have to worry about putting my hand on the seat by mistake and feeling like i got a disease as i wud with some of the R42s...

Archived