Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
bikerrich

look out the front window

Hi. which trains can you still look out the front window? i'd like to take my little one on a ride to look out the front window just like i did when i was a kid. (no more brake to turn)

Trains with a direct RFW: R32 R38 R40 R40M R42 R62 R62A

Trains with indirect RFW (you have to look though the T/O's cab to see it): R142 R142A R143 R160A R160B

Trains with a direct RFW: R32 R38 R40 R40M R42 R62 R62A

Trains with indirect RFW (you have to look though the T/O's cab to see it): R142 R142A R143 R160A R160B

In Train route terms, you can grab the following models on the following lines:

R32 on some (A)'s, as well as the (C)(E)(F), and some rush hour (R) Trains.

R38s: (A)(C)

R40 Slant: (A)(:)

R40M: (A)(E)

R42 : (E)(J)(Z), and possibly some rush hours ®s..

R62: (3)

R62A: (7)

I hope this helps you man;):tup:

Zach

Hi. which trains can you still look out the front window? i'd like to take my little one on a ride to look out the front window just like i did when i was a kid. (no more brake to turn)

R-32, R-38, R-40S, R-40M/R-42, R-42 and R-62A (Flushing bound on the (7)<7>)!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

R62s do not have RFWs only the Flushing bound 7 train has it

And getting one on the (3) is extremely rare.

It is extremely rare....I saw one on the (3) last year sometime and it shocked the heck out of me. IIRC the car number was 1351, but too bad it was taken out of service once it unloaded the pessangers @ New Lots Avenue!

Like most have said, getting an RFW on the mainline IRT (3) is nearly impossible, as only 2 R62As can run on it (which usually means 1 per day), and the chances of having a half-width cab on one end is slim. The R62s have one little square box very high up that is usually covered by a T/Os bag. However, the NTTs (R142s & R142As on the (2)/(4)/(5)/(6)/<6>) have a blurry RFW, I don't know if that's what you want. If it isn't, take a Flushing-bound (7) or <7> train, they always have one. That's for the A division only. The B division, you'll have just a little more luck.

Like most have said, getting an RFW on the mainline IRT (3) is nearly impossible, as only 2 R62As can run on it (which usually means 1 per day), and the chances of having a half-width cab on one end is slim. The R62s have one little square box very high up that is usually covered by a T/Os bag. However, the NTTs (R142s & R142As on the (2)/(4)/(5)/(6)/<6>) have a blurry RFW, I don't know if that's what you want. If it isn't, take a Flushing-bound (7) or <7> train, they always have one. That's for the A division only. The B division, you'll have just a little more luck.

NTT's on the (2)(4)(5)(6)<6>(E)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(Z) have the fiber glass so its kind of hard to get a clear view of the tracks. He's better of with Flushing-Main Street bound R-62A (7)<7>, R-32 on the (A), (C), (F) or (R) , R-38 on the (A) or (C), R-40S on the (A) or (:), R-40M/R-42 on the (A), (E) and (R) and R-42 on the (J)