A look at the (2) train

MattTrain

I decided to take a look at the R142s on the (2). Well the train cars have been running for about eight years now. Anyways here are some photos of them.

PICT0067-1.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

PICT0071.jpg

PICT0072.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Picture103.jpg

Picture104.jpg

Picture105.jpg

Picture106-1.jpg

Picture107-1.jpg

Picture108-1.jpg

Picture109-1.jpg

Picture110-1.jpg

Picture111-1.jpg

Picture112-1.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Picture005-2.jpg

Picture008-2.jpg

Picture009-2.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

Picture012-2.jpg

That is all. Sometimes the R142 cars the (2) uses has card maps for the (5) line, due to the (2) and (5) swapping cars at Flatbush Avenue during Rush-hours.

Nice, and its always common to see "Last Stop" onm the R142s, when its not a lst stop lloll

R142's often say "LAST STOP" because either the conductor or the operator sometimes forget to fix the displays in time. This also is an issue with the R142A, R143, R160A and R160B cars too.

Nice.

- A

Thanks a lot.

Wonderful pics....some (2) train that run to Flatbush Avenue with the (5) train strip map will turn into the (5) once the train unloads the passengers. I seen it happen September of last year!

You have that correct! Good observation, Same thing goes with the (5), the (5)s turn into the (2)s

Nice pics. The R142s are 8 years old and still rolling strong. :tup:

Yes they are, they'll last for a long time! :)

Wonderful pics....some (2) train that run to Flatbush Avenue with the (5) train strip map will turn into the (5) once the train unloads the passengers. I seen it happen September of last year!

Now thats why i love the (2)(5) they are sisters, cuz they merge in the bronx always and rush hrs in brooklyn

Dont they also swap cars at the 239th yd? Cuz on weekends i do see some (5) as a (2) and (2) as a (5)..

nice job

Thank you very much, Daniel.

Now thats why i love the (2)(5) they are sisters, cuz they merge in the Bronx always and rush hrs in Brooklyn

Don't they also swap cars at the 239th yd? Cuz on weekends i do see some (5) as a (2) and (2) as a (5)..

To answer your question, Flatbush Avenue is the common stop where the (2) and (5) swap the R142 cars, regardless of their strip maps. I I believe that the (2) and (5) swap for each other cars at the 239 yard as well in the Bronx. A few times I've seen that yard, I've seen some R142 cars signed as a (5), so the (2) and (5) swap for each others cars in two places. near Nereid Avenue in Bronx and Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn.

I consider the (2) and (5) brother and sister of the system, since they're together in Bronx, go their different ways in Manhattan, and meet up again in Brooklyn.

Archived