South 4th St Station (10 Full Sized Pics)

TeeLow

By the way (BTW), please don't bring up in a thread that's a year old.:tup:

Another Moderator/Administrator without the designated title underneath the user name.

It's one thing for the original poster to resurrect a dead thread in order to pad his or her post count and try to score a few "Thanks" hits. It's another thing for a member, particularly a new one, to perform a search and then ask questions or provide information that someone may find helpful. And really, this thread would have been closed if someone with true authority deemed that no further relevant posting should be allowed.

• 1 month later...
Are any of them locked or restricted?

By the way (BTW), please don't bring up in a thread that's a year old.:tup:

Sorry man, the provisional IND stations fascinate me; I couldn't help it.

And a passage on the southbound platform is not restricted, so there's one access point. It's dark and scary though; and I've only been to the entrance. I know this site at the ltvsquad.com that has very vivid photos of the path to South 4th St. It's more complex than I thought it was.

Sorry man, the provisional IND stations fascinate me; I couldn't help it.

I agree. Same here.

And a passage on the southbound platform is not restricted, so there's one access point. It's dark and scary though; and I've only been to the entrance. I know this site at the ltvsquad.com that has very vivid photos of the path to South 4th St. It's more complex than I thought it was.

l2287.jpg

From what I remember from my visit, this photo was taken from one of the S4th platforms. If one were to shimmy down the roughed-in stairway, then hang a sharp left in the passageway below, you would be heading toward a door. Unlock that door, and you're on the North end of the Northbound G platform. Both G platforms have false walls at the North end; about a third of S4 extends N of the G platform limits. As to that really wide stairway - I saw the underneath of that stairway just South of and at the same level as the S4 platforms. In other words, it seems as if S4 and the G mezzanine are on the same level.

I use to live two stations south of there (Myrtle-Willoughby Ave),so SOMETIMES I use to get off at B way to walk around and explore....you can see a spot where there was once a stairway on the norhtbound platform,and a closed off area on the southbound side. The station sits on the roof (so called upper level).

There is an area at the far end of the platform of the Braodway station..(you'd see it from the last car of the (G) train) just outside the station wall...that look like a very wide passageway. The station wall there looks like it was an after thought...with a steel-linked fence-like door blocking entry on the left. I'm sure that this was an direct transfer faculity built for the never-used upper level station (South 4th Street). As a matter of fact here's a picture of it: img_113179.jpg

I see that you filmed that area north of the Southbound platform at the Broadway station:

That area where you filmed this video at had a light on over there. It was working when I last went to that station in 2007-08.

Archived