Where are points where trains pass each other?

metsfan

Can someone make a map of where trains usually pass each other without G.O. or delays etc? I know they sometimes pass at stations, but i just think it'd be interesting to see where you can see trains going the other way. :)

- A

I don't mean for fanning purposes. I mean where do they usually cross paths when running on time. I know they have variations due to station dwell times being different in each instance, but there has to be a general "you can see the (F) train from the (D) train when the (D) train goes past this station" kinda thing.

- A

I don't mean for fanning purposes. I mean where do they usually cross paths when running on time. I know they have variations due to station dwell times being different in each instance, but there has to be a general "you can see the (F) train from the (D) train when the (D) train goes past this station" kinda thing.

- A

This happens really at random A. But from I noticed over the past years on the (D) then (Q) on the Brighton, is the ratio of weekend trains.

Saturdays:

Between Brighton Beach & Coney Island, there's usually 2 Manhattan Trains for 1 Coney Island Train.

Sundays:

Between Brighton Beach & Coney Island, there's usually 2 Coney Island Trains for 1 Manhattan Train.

The meet spot for those (D) / these (Q) Trains was / is usually Brighton Beach, the Brighton El, or Ocean Parkway...

O/T, I know on weekends, the Staten Island Railway 90% of the time, met at Grasmere & between Bay Terrace & Great Kills.

Zach

Thanks (Z)! That's exactly what i was wondering! I guess all of the dwell times being different it tends to make it more random than not. I liked being able to see the (:) from the (F). Saw a slant enter a station as we pulled away, then it caught up and it pulled in and opened doors as we closed doors, then we saw it no more, and then another tunnel, i think it was the broadway line(N)(R)(W) that i saw after that last station.......

- A

Brighton Line-Kings Hwy-Newkirk Ave.

I ride the (Q) to school so....

Morning Rush

2-3 Manhattan-bound (Q) for every Coney Island-bound (Q)

2 Manhattan-bound (:) for every Brighton Beach-bound (:)

Bet. Kings Hwy and Sheepshead Bay:

This is fairly the same:

Morning Rush

2 Coney Island-bound (Q) for every Manhattan-bound (Q)

Same for (B) both ways

When trains approach West 4th street if you're on a F or V train you often see the C or E train, even though they stop at two different levels of the station.

I've seen that, very neat!!!!

- A

Archived