SEPTA Snow pics

Bustitution

Your last two pics make a perfect example of comparing the two SEPTA trolley types.

Better is the trolly in the last photo vs the PCC car. It's is a newer design trolly, one is a PCC 2 streetcar. They used to all be PCC and PCC2 then they replaced the PPC with a more reliable "NTT" trolly.

I believe :septa: plans to restore or buy restored PCC and PCC2 streetcars to operate on some lines after 2010 if the budget is approved. The likelihood of it getting approved is around 50/50 right now due to other budget shortfalls, but is still alive because of possible obama transit funding. They have been wanting to do this and give the current trolly fleet overhaul a spot in the budget for years now. I hope it happens!

- A

Ok ok ok. I couldn't resist, here are 3 photos i took!

P1280098.jpg

P1280102.jpg

P1280115.jpg

The train station with no train is woodbourne station on the R3 which is one stop from yardley, and 2 stops from west trenton.

The one with the train is levittown station, and the train is philadelphia bound.

The bus photo is right near interstate 95 interchange with biz rt 1. I believe it's the route 14 Those are the usual for the 130 in newtown also as far as i've seen. From time to time you will see put-ins of articulated, RTS 30 foot, and other random stuff during rush hours on both routes including the 127 and 14.

- A

Archived