3000's in Spring Creek

Qns Blvd Dom

I just got word from a friend of my that works out of Yonkers Depot that 3000-3004 are now @ Spring Creek and 1 of them was spotted by 1 of my friends on the BM3.

The reason behind it is because Yonkers got more then enough buses to cover all the runs and also a recent service change on the B103 that have about several short trips added from Canarsie to Flatbush and Nostrand aka The Junction along with earlier service from The Junction to Canarise with the 1st bus from there starting @ 6:30 AM.

This may explain why the Orion V CNG soft seaters are now being allowed to be used for local duty as well.

Yep, we lost 4 runs so we loose 4 buses. Dom I told you this was comming, just didn't know where they were going(NYCT)

I knew the 3000's where going to move however I thought it was going to happen when the 2200's come in, not because of a run cut.

BTW it's really 5 buses. From what you are saying 4 are because 4 runs got cut. Now whats the reason with the 5th bus leaving for SC? Too many spare buses @ Yonkers or something?

3101 is also at SC. My guess is that this will bump O5s to local services (or LIB) and the former QSC RTSs elsewhere or to retirement.

On friday afternoon there were more Orion V's on the B100 than Hybrids. It looks like they are now using 709-715 in local service.

Well,I saw 9745 and two other TMC's on the 103 on Tuesday.

On friday afternoon there were more Orion V's on the B100 than Hybrids. It looks like they are now using 709-715 in local service.

I did see 708 on the 103 last week and I also saw 721.

if so:

will yonkers depot will get #1800 - #1900 series

Negative, (MTA)Bus is not giving those to us b/c of mileage and age. Neither is ECH for the same reason. (MTA)Bus is sending them to depots that don put heavy mileage on there buses (run here put 100 or more miles on a bus and at twice a day that beats on a bus bad, that's why didn't send them to us for pass. service. We got them for repairs to prep them for service at other (MTA)Bus depots. (MTA)Bus feels that those wouln't survive at YO or ECH b/c shape of those buses and rigors of our work(NYCT)

I think Spring Creek is converting some more of their O5s to local service because they just added short-turn trips to the Flatbush/Nostrand Av Junction on the B103 during the peak rushes. I know that 749-751 were already in local service, but now there are more to cover those runs probably; hence the new MCIs coming in. This is all speculation on my part, but the B103 increase is true.

Archived