Newkirk Avenue Rehab Already?

Maserati7200

That explains a lot about this G.O. on the weekend of the 21st and 22nd on the MTA website

(Q) Coney Island bound trains run express from Prospect Park to Kings Hwy and bypass Newkirk Av

Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Feb 21 - 23

Trains stop at Church Av.

For service from Parkside Av, Beverley, Cortelyou Rds, Newkirk Av, Av H, Av J, and Av M, take a 57 St-7 Av-bound to Church Av or Prospect Park and transfer to a Coney Island-bound .

For service to these stations, take the to Church Av or Kings Hwy and transfer to a 57 St-7 Av-bound .

Nice pics! Just a tip, if you're shooting through a chain-link fence, you might want to put your lens in one of the spaces so the fence doesn't get in the way of the photo. If you can't do this, get as close to the fence as possible and use the landscape or infinity mode on your camera.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update guys! This sure does mean alot to me; viewing that, my Line is finally getting an upgrade.. And Av H through Av M will begin this Summer? Wow, Be on the look out guys for major G.O.s, then with weekend (Q) service. Its possible temporary switches will be installed within the Newkirk Av Area, if Coney Island Bound (Q)s run Express between Newkirk & Kings Highway...

Zach

Thanks for the update guys! This sure does mean alot to me; viewing that, my Line is finally getting an upgrade.. And Av H through Av M will begin this Summer? Wow, Be on the look out guys for major G.O.s, then with weekend (Q) service. Its possible temporary switches will be installed within the Newkirk Av Area, if Coney Island Bound (Q)s run Express between Newkirk & Kings Highway...

Zach

Yea, you'll have a lot to railfan when you get back!

The Brighton line (B)(Q) is really getting a serious makeover. Great coverage on the Avenue U and Neck Road, as well as NewKirk Avenue. I can't wait for this project to be finished!

That might take til 2011-2012.

Nice pics, Ulmer!

Thanks!

Archived