What camera model Should I get?

I'm trying to decide over 2 camera models that I should get and I need your guys opinion. Should I get the Canon PowerShot SD790-IS 10-Megapixel Digital Camera, The Nikon L18 or go to the B&H Store and ask the profesionals?

Canon Powershot. Why? My Parents own one(I can't get one yet) and they take great pics.

The sp 590 uz is the most advanced P&S out there right now. Honestly i think canon & nikon are WAY over-hyped, and i've really leaned towards fuji, pentax, olympus, & the recently defunct konika-minolta.

Years of research has turned me off from nikon, which while decent cameras, they have no heart to them and the design leaves much to be desired. Not very user friendly. As for canon, i enjoyed their offerings from about 1990 to 2002 then they lost their sense of what the day-to-day photographer wants. :cry:

I mean you are entitled to your own tastes of course, but if you actually use the different models you will see what i'm talking about. I take my 560 everywhere, they work properly outside their operating parameters for moisture & temperature. :cool:

If you want the only weatherproof SLR, look at the E3. Weatherproof and a lot more rugged than most of its contemporaries. :(

Gotta keep an open mind and really check stuff out at stores and look at tech specs.

- A

Sorry I can't afford the camera my max I can go up to is $160.00

Ah, i gotcha. Whatever your tastes are i still gotta advocate for olympus because i've never been let down by them even in the most demanding situations. The other day i was taking photos in 16 degrees and snow with my SP which is designed for dry-ish and 45 degree and up operation.

Their new lineup has SD and xD card option with included adapter.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1437

You mite be interested in that. I would also recommend an AA+charger set from wherever you can find. NmH rechargeable, or lithium one time use. The lithium AA lasts about 4-8 times longer than even those titanium branded kind, and the NmH last around 2x longer and can be charged around 1000-3000 times.

My 560 which is a much more power consuming camera lasts 3 days on regular AA batteries, and a week before i need to recharge. Lasts about a month on the lithium batteries.

:(

- A

Archived