Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

You can apply for as many exams as you want as long as you qualify.

Exactly and if you want to work for TA you should take as many as you can, even if they're not for jobs you want. Take anything you qualify for or can qualify for: B/O, C/R, T/O, PP/A, S/A...whatever.

Once you're in the door you can promote and skip the open competitive process but for some getting their foot in the door is the tough part so taking as many exams gives you more chances to do so.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the high 6000's for the 2004 exam and never got a notice or anything.I just got my Dec 08 results today and I am far FAR better than the first time!Try say.....oh I dunno.....574! -dances- Hopefully by years end I'll be leaving people steamed that they didn't get on my train.BUWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!(1)(A)(C)

I was in the high 6000's for the 2004 exam and never got a notice or anything.I just got my Dec 08 results today and I am far FAR better than the first time!Try say.....oh I dunno.....574! -dances- Hopefully by years end I'll be leaving people steamed that they didn't get on my train.BUWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!(1)(A)(C)

I wouldn't go around saying that stuff here :P There IS a School Car Instructor on this forum that is pretty active :P

How many you got wrong doesn't mean anything what was your list number? Sounds like you got skipped or didn't show up when called.

Trust me,I never got called from the 2004 exam.Now from the 2008 exam,I just wait and keep doing what I do in the TA now.(1)(A)(C)

Which would be around the time we would have gotten our list numbers, so it's not bad.

Definitely it seems to be faster this time around. Maybe there was a rash of retirments and promotions that they needed more conductors. Hopefully for us, they do start hiring from the O/C list by December. That would really be great.

Yankees,

I got my list # in the mail today also. Same score 96.000 with a list # of 1942. We just may end up in the same class at school car in the CI Yards. Congrats on passing to you and everyone else because some TA employees were telling me today that if your # is less than 2500, you're going to be called within 18-24 month timeframe.

If it makes you feel better, there was a girl here that if I remember right, I think she got a 94 on the last conductor test and she was called up in July, just before the list expired, so a 96 may take 2 to 3 years. Once I get in, I will post any time I see a knew class and can find out where they are on the list to let you know what they are up to.

A lesson to be learned before you go in. Many TA employees talk out of their backsides. They talk a lot of crap, so keep that in mind when they tell you something.

from what i remember, my score was 94 and my list number was in the 3,000's when i got my original DCAS score card. my list number changed and went down to around 2,800 by the time i got called. so depending on how many people took the promotionals or turn down the job/fail drug tests, i think it's safe to say if you got under 2500 - you'll get called within the next 3-4 years. i know someone who scored a 96 on the last c/r exam and she got called last year around march. being that there were no conductor classes for a while during the "hiring freeze" and the next class is scheduled for october - another 2 month break, it may go a little faster. good luck all! :tup:

how did your list # go down? can this happen>?

i'm pretty sure it did. maybe those who turned down the job, failed the drug test, or lied on their application get taken off the list. i don't really know. i do remember being in the 3,000's because i remember calling DCAS and it saying something about there being around 3,700 eligible and i was just under that number by a few hundred. i could be mistaken though.

yeah about 2 years or so bro.

I really hope my 122 listing doesn't put me in the 3rd conductor class if all 120 before me go in. That would suck. I still can't get over being 122 with a 100 score and filing the first day. There is nothing I could have done to make it better. I was hoping I would be in the double digits. Getting 1 wrong on the train operator test must mean I'm going to be something like 300 to 400 on that list.

It doesnt matter when u file for the exam. The ss# determines tie scores. The last 5 of social

Until someone gives me definitive proof that it is the social, I'm not going to believe it. The point of open competative tests is that they are supposed to be fair. Your ss# does not make it fair at all. I really find it hard to believe that because someone's last 5 numbers could be in the 99999 area, it can cost them a job if they end up on the bottom end of a score position, then the list expires. I think I am 122 on the list because of the people that had legacy and veteran credits, and then maybe a few 100 score people that may have beaten me out filing a few hours before I did since I filed about 2 PM the day the filing began.

Archived