Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

i didnt take the conductors exam but out of curiousity i looked at the answer key and i see that 3 questions in a row must have been eliminated cuz it says the answer is "abcd" for all 3. i was just wonderng if anyone knew the story on those 3 questions and could elaborate

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i didnt take the conductors exam but out of curiousity i looked at the answer key and i see that 3 questions in a row must have been eliminated cuz it says the answer is "abcd" for all 3. i was just wonderng if anyone knew the story on those 3 questions and could elaborate

There were 3 questions on the exam that they gave the answers to us anyway for whatever reason and therefore on the answer key they just showed up like that. However those questions were really easy anyway so it probably would not have mattered unless it was a clerical error or something like that on their part.

There were 3 questions on the exam that they gave the answers to us anyway for whatever reason and therefore on the answer key they just showed up like that. However those questions were really easy anyway so it probably would not have mattered unless it was a clerical error or something like that on their part.

What happened was that on the question book, each of those 3 questions had one asterisk each on the correct answer for that question. How sad is it that they had to give each person a small sheet of paper telling them that those were the three correct answers to put on the answer booklet, instead of just omitting the questions, or just telling people before the test started, to just answer those three with the asterisk choice? I would guess that the answer key says ABCD so that anyone with not so superior intelligence that ventured out to answer those questions themselves, might put in the wrong answer in and then cry at the protest saying the asterisk confused them.

I would like to start off by congratulating everyone who passed the conductor exam ...I myself didnt score as high as some of you guys but Im still pretty confident that I shall be called because I know I a lot of people

in Transit who was hired for positions who number was in the thousands ...I also heard that transit is short on conductors and is hiring from the list right now and even people up in the 5,000 should be called because there is about to be a new collective bargaining agreement where transit wants 20/50 (20yrs in and 50yrs old) and a lot of people are getting out ..so who knows all us high number people may have a chance ..I have a pretty good job now but i wanna be called plus im only 22yrs old ...

Hey Wavy

The Mta is cash strapped I doubt the 20/50 plan will ever be passed. If it does I would be totally shocked.

I also doubt that the 25/50 will ever get passed unless they made it for operating personell only which would look better to the polititians and public. But the 25/50 bill that was written the last 2 times was completely cost nuetral for the MTA. This means that it wouldn't cost them anything. We would be paying extra for it. I don't remember the exact numbers I haven't read the bill in a while but I know we would have been paying more for the 20/50 than everyone else pays for the 20 and out.

why would you be shocked ...how would a plan like that effect the MTA in a negative way ????

The state wants to go back to a 30/62 so for us to get a 25/50 would be shocking to me. I would sign up for it if it passed but I doubt it. It would save me 5 years.

Jah and Wavy,

The MTA would have to pay out retirement money earlier to a lot of workers so anyone that is 50 and has 20 years can leave and collect how can the MTA possibly sustain these payouts thats 5 years earlier than now plus people live longer so thats a double whammy. Am I missing something here?

Jah and Wavy,

The MTA would have to pay out retirement money earlier to a lot of workers so anyone that is 50 and has 20 years can leave and collect how can the MTA possibly sustain these payouts thats 5 years earlier than now plus people live longer so thats a double whammy. Am I missing something here?

The MTA doesn't pay our pensions. They pay into the pension account. Currently TA workers contribute more to NYCERS than any other agency this includes cops and firefighters. The way the bill was structured made it cost nuetral because of the added money that we would pay.

Oh yeah the plan was for 25/50 NOT 20/50. You would still have to put in 25 years minimum with the TA to receive a full pension.

Jah

did you hear the MTA is trying to block that pay rise you guys are about to receive.

I have not heard anything official about that. I think it is all a PR stunt to paint there own workers as undeserving of wage increases in the eyes of the public. This is just further proof that the TA has no respect or appreciation for it's blue collar workers the lowest paid in the MTA family and the ones that move over 7 million people a day safely and on time.

According to the site though unless I am reading it wrong if it is more than 4 weeks ago you do not need to be a subscriber to read it. Which means if I know what week the list is printed (especially if I missed buying it at the store) I can look it up later on that site. That was why I asked before.

Thanks for the help.

you dont have to buy the chief to view what list is published. you can go online and look at the chief summaries go to civil service exam news and you can see the list that is published in that issue then you can can the complete list online or buying that weeks paper.

i got my scores back for the conductor test i got 90.666 n list number 6302 so im guess im not gonna get call for a long time

I feel bad telling you this, but you are not going to get called. Just try to get into another position. There is a bus operator test coming up. Before you take that, if you decide to, read up on safety driving and what to do in hazardous conditions. There will be questions like that on the B/O test.

you dont have to buy the chief to view what list is published. you can go online and look at the chief summaries go to civil service exam news and you can see the list that is published in that issue then you can can the complete list online or buying that weeks paper.

whats the list going to show? peoples names with there score?

Archived