Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, all. This question might have been asked here before, but I was wondering how many people/class do they accept per time that they hire? will it be that whenever they need people, they would just call people from the list? or do they recruit certain amount of people for training in a scheduled courses they already arranged?

Hi, all. This question might have been asked here before, but I was wondering how many people/class do they accept per time that they hire? will it be that whenever they need people, they would just call people from the list? or do they recruit certain amount of people for training in a scheduled courses they already arranged?

They call as they need. If they only need 10 people, well that's what they will call, if they need 50 then that's what they will call. There is no set amount that they hire or how frequently they do. It's all on the needs of the MTA.

BTW How Come The List Numbers Came Out So Fast?? (Not That Im Complaining)

I Wasnt Expecting It Till December At Least

I was wondering the same thing. Normally they take about 12 months after the test. Maybe they know a lot of conductors are retiring or promoting, so they made it happen faster. The B/O test results I got 11 months later. The conductor was about 8 and 1/2.

BTW How Come The List Numbers Came Out So Fast?? (Not That Im Complaining)

I Wasnt Expecting It Till December At Least

I dont know either. The last time I took the C/R exam I got my results amost exactly 1yr later. Im not complaining either tho. I just want to get in

i spoke to a superintendent a couple of weeks ago, and she told me that the MTA scheduled to start C/R classes off the new list in the beginning of august. because it was not certified in time, they had to schedule classes of 10-20 people off the old one until late july - the last class of 10 began on july 27th if i'm not mistaken - just before the old list expired. essentially, the list was expected to be certified even earlier then it actually was.

i spoke to a superintendent a couple of weeks ago, and she told me that the MTA scheduled to start C/R classes off the new list in the beginning of august. because it was not certified in time, they had to schedule classes of 10-20 people off the old one until late july - the last class of 10 began on july 27th if i'm not mistaken - just before the old list expired. essentially, the list was expected to be certified even earlier then it actually was.

They will probaly stArt calling off the oc list for conductor in

march

i heard they need cunductors like crazy there so much over time...

I really hope they start calling more than 10 to 20 people, or else it's going to take a while.

They will be calling more than that since not everyone that calls goes into a class and not everyone passes schoolcar plus as has been posted here sometimes promotional employees choose to go back to their own title...im told it happens less with C/R but can still happen..

that list will go quickly...

They will be calling more than that since not everyone that calls goes into a class and not everyone passes schoolcar plus as has been posted here sometimes promotional employees choose to go back to their own title...im told it happens less with C/R but can still happen..

I hope that scenario plays out for T/O as well Drew.

Not everyone passes school car? I was in school car, and you really don't have to be that much smarter than a mossy stone to pass it. The only way I could see someone failing school car is if you physically aren't strong enough to do the first test. One person in my school car class (she was a cleaner and it was promotional, but she screwed up her vacation schedule and had to be in my open cmpetative class) failed, but they let her take the test again a couple of days later and she passed. Trust me, you cannot fail it over lack of knowledge. The TSS's are good with making you do everything over and over until you get it. Now nervousness is another story. I could see that make you mess up, but these guys are understanding. The school car TSS's are not looking to screw you over. They are there to nurture you and get you ready for the job.

True some promos go back. They sometimes do it for a break from the routine, and a little extra money. I have some potentially good news. A friend of mine that is still a conductor told me that a lot of promo t/o test takers told him if they get called up, they probably won't take the T/O promotion for the simple fact that they don't want to go extra extra again, and also because they almost have enough seniority to have saturdays and sundays off.

i heard they need cunductors like crazy there so much over time...

Hopefully they bring some of that time over here. If they start calling up the o/c list by January that would be great, but very doubtful since they first promo conductor class is 10 to 20 people starting in October and the promo list is 475 people.

Can Someone Please Tell Me All The Paper Work They Will Ak For When They Finally Do Call?

i.e. Birth Certificate, Social Security, Etc..

High school diploma or GED, driver's license (for id purposes) all your arrest information if you have been arrested, DO NOT LIE! MTA has a ton of former cops working for them and all they have to do is make a simple phone call to verify you. Any tickets you've received with transit like fair hopping, etc. They want the information from the transit adjudication bureau that is near livingston street, Any traiffic tickets. Basically anything short of a felony conviction, and they will hire you still, so do not lie if you have a past. That's all I can remember right now. They finger print you, you have to pay for it. Urine drug test. You fill out paper work on your employment over the past 7 years. I think it's 7. I think thats about all the stuff they asked me for unless I forgot something. When all is said and done you get your picture taken for your metrocard and take an oath before you get ready for school car. Oh and for any arrests, they want the dispositions with the seal inbedded in from the courthouse.

Not everyone passes school car? I was in school car, and you really don't have to be that much smarter than a mossy stone to pass it. The only way I could see someone failing school car is if you physically aren't strong enough to do the first test. One person in my school car class (she was a cleaner and it was promotional, but she screwed up her vacation schedule and had to be in my open cmpetative class) failed, but they let her take the test again a couple of days later and she passed. Trust me, you cannot fail it over lack of knowledge. The TSS's are good with making you do everything over and over until you get it. Now nervousness is another story. I could see that make you mess up, but these guys are understanding. The school car TSS's are not looking to screw you over. They are there to nurture you and get you ready for the job.

I agree with that however I've been told a few leave during or after track qualification because they suddenly don't want the job anymore and some get in trouble for being late but those that are there yes they will work with you but there are some things that are no nonsense for instance a T/O who does not get 100 on the signals test...yes they will go over it with you a hundred times before you take the test but just remember not everyone is as smart as you or me or some of the others on here so they may not last or know what it's really like and get out/get let go. I don't think "many" will fail out of school car but I think a few might, at least enough the list might move a little quicker. Plus if they're on the 30% list MTA may not let some of their own promote...

So hopefully it will go quick...can't wait to get out of my current situation...

High school diploma or GED, driver's license (for id purposes) all your arrest information if you have been arrested, DO NOT LIE! MTA has a ton of former cops working for them and all they have to do is make a simple phone call to verify you. Any tickets you've received with transit like fair hopping, etc. They want the information from the transit adjudication bureau that is near livingston street, Any traiffic tickets. Basically anything short of a felony conviction, and they will hire you still, so do not lie if you have a past. That's all I can remember right now. They finger print you, you have to pay for it. Urine drug test. You fill out paper work on your employment over the past 7 years. I think it's 7. I think thats about all the stuff they asked me for unless I forgot something. When all is said and done you get your picture taken for your metrocard and take an oath before you get ready for school car. Oh and for any arrests, they want the dispositions with the seal inbedded in from the courthouse.

Thanks...btw check your PM

Archived