Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

I agree with that however I've been told a few leave during or after track qualification because they suddenly don't want the job anymore and some get in trouble for being late but those that are there yes they will work with you but there are some things that are no nonsense for instance a T/O who does not get 100 on the signals test...yes they will go over it with you a hundred times before you take the test but just remember not everyone is as smart as you or me or some of the others on here so they may not last or know what it's really like and get out/get let go. I don't think "many" will fail out of school car but I think a few might, at least enough the list might move a little quicker. Plus if they're on the 30% list MTA may not let some of their own promote...

So hopefully it will go quick...can't wait to get out of my current situation...

I don't know how T/O school car is, so I can't comment on that from experience. All I know is that it is 6 months, and obviously not as easy as conductor school car. As for conductor school car, there was this one guy there, that really was like a bimbo and he passed and is still working there. People that usually leave the conductor position of their own accord, usually do because they end up not liking the job, the schedule the first year is erratic and sucks, or they got another job they feel is better. As for the latenesses, don't do it. I got away with it A LOT. I was late about half the time during those 12 months. Roughly that was over 120 times. I even missed my first trip from the yard once. Most of the time I was only about 5 or 10 minutes late, and was able to act as if I was on time because I didn't say anything when they didn't say something, and just signed in, and ran to my train. Other times I called the dispatcher and told him or her that I was stuck in traffic or the train I was on was stuck in congestion, and they said thanks for letting me know and juggled a couple of trips. The time I missed my put in I spoke with the crew office (the place where they schedule you, also known as the screw office, or Satan's house, you will find out why) and the woman asked me what happened. I said I was very sorry, it was my fault and accept the consequences. All she did was cut my time, but didn't write me up. I never got in trouble for being late.

The absenses screwed me over. I had 5 days out sick that I had no doctor's note and the idiot union rep screwed me over there talking about it in front of policy and compliance instead of going over it with me in private first. My advice is try not to be absent or late during your year of probabtion. If you are late, make sure to get all the dispathcer's numbers and call to let them know you are running late and always apologize, because now they have to go out of their way to accomodate you, and if you take a sick day on probabtion, only leave the house to get a doctor's note. Again though, take no sick days or go late if you can that first year. Absenses can also screw you over for a promotion whether you have a doctor's note or not. Also, trust no one that works down there. They talk a lot of crap. They will tell you, sure you can take sick days while on probabtion. Why do you think I did? It cost me the job. Remember, you may call your T/O partner, but in the end, it's just you down there. The control center won't help you, the union sure as hell won't help you, and your coworkers won't help you. It will be you that keeps your job and you that loses your job. I know I talk a lot, but if you take only one bit of information from me, make this it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, trust no one that works down there. They talk a lot of crap. They will tell you, sure you can take sick days while on probabtion. Why do you think I did? It cost me the job. Remember, you may call your T/O partner, but in the end, it's just you down there. The control center won't help you, the union sure as hell won't help you, and your coworkers won't help you. It will be you that keeps your job and you that loses your job. I know I talk a lot, but if you take only one bit of information from me, make this it.
So you're saying not to trust you then. Gotcha. :P:tup: Will do.

So you're saying not to trust you then. Gotcha. :P:tup: Will do.

Trust NO ONE. Lots of Tranist employees want to act as if they know something, so they make crap up to look smart. If you need information, try to find someone you know that has the correct information. That could still be hard as well. Your safest bet, is to read the contract. It may be a bit time consuming because its as think as a phone book. Anyone who doesn't know what a phone is, I will explain. A phone book is a thick book with phone numbers that strong men tear in half to show their strength. I believe it did have two other purposes. To elevate shorter people in chairs, and I believe you could find phone numbers in it, similar to whitepages.com.

I Also, trust no one that works down there. They talk a lot of crap. They will tell you, sure you can take sick days while on probabtion. Why do you think I did? It cost me the job. Remember, you may call your T/O partner, but in the end, it's just you down there.

These are the words of an extremely disgruntled EX employee who got fired!! Do any of you that are rational thinking humans think that this is the way to go about a 25+ year career by not being able to make life long friends and associates? A T/O and his C/R are a team on that train plain and simple unless one is a selfish jerk off like this guy obviously was.

The union will tell you as will the TA that while you are on probation you have no union protections you can be fired for any reason or no reason at all. This is the entire purpose of probation.

I can only speak for myself but I have went to bat for co-workers on no less than 6 occasions and if I ever needed it (haven't yet) I know the same thing would be returned for me by both co-workers and supervisors who respect guys like me that show up on time and do a great job in a professional manner. There are thousands of us and only a few hundred of the clowns like mojo was.

For all of you that will eventually start a career in RTO please don't listen to or even acknowledge anything said by this jerk off. Why take advise from someone who couldn't do the job and is disgruntled? The job is so terrible and everybody is a racist because he couldn't cut it, yet he is dying to get back in and work with us again.:P

These are the words of an extremely disgruntled EX employee who got fired!! Do any of you that are rational thinking humans think that this is the way to go about a 25+ year career by not being able to make life long friends and associates? A T/O and his C/R are a team on that train plain and simple unless one is a selfish jerk off like this guy obviously was.

The union will tell you as will the TA that while you are on probation you have no union protections you can be fired for any reason or no reason at all. This is the entire purpose of probation.

I can only speak for myself but I have went to bat for co-workers on no less than 6 occasions and if I ever needed it (haven't yet) I know the same thing would be returned for me by both co-workers and supervisors who respect guys like me that show up on time and do a great job in a professional manner. There are thousands of us and only a few hundred of the clowns like mojo was.

For all of you that will eventually start a career in RTO please don't listen to or even acknowledge anything said by this jerk off. Why take advise from someone who couldn't do the job and is disgruntled? The job is so terrible and everybody is a racist because he couldn't cut it, yet he is dying to get back in and work with us again.:P

...... LOL 120 DAYS LATE SAYS IT ALL.

...... LOL 120 DAYS LATE SAYS IT ALL.

Exactly!! I have been late exactly once in my entire career and that includes every job I had before transit. That one time was just last year I was 10 minutes late becasue the entire belt was closed down and I was stuck in between exits. Being professional includes being on time.

Sounds to me like someone is an obnoxious ass and can't see that someone is just trying to help people.

Not really. Having read up on plenty of your posts before it sounds like you are assuming the audience you are addressing lacks common sens when quite a few of us dont. I've worked a job before. So I know that the whole trust no one bit is BS. It sounds like you got fired for being naive. So instead of telling people trust no one try tellng them be smart about who they trust. It's perfectly fine to trust your co-workers TO A POINT. But there are some things to chalk up to our gut instincts. When you're on that train T/O or c/R there should be some sense of teamwork which is founded on the solid base of trust. Prevents either one of you from screwing up and in the event something does happen the process of fixing the problem is expedited faster than if the two of you were going about clashing.

Call me whatever you want but if you want to help try doing it without sounding like you're bitter over something.

Hello everyone trying to find an answer for another pal of mines he got a list number in the #800's. But he been arrested for dui in 06' but has no points in his record went to class and paid a fine he told me that the lawyer said that it will be like an traffic ticket. I dont know what to tell him on his chances does anybody can give me a soft story to tell him. I told him to put it down when they call but he scared

Thank you

Archived