Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its going to be longer the 12 months. Not trying to burst anyones bubble here..your definitely going to be in. But much closer to 2yrs then 1. People have to remember..the promotional exam has to be completely exhausted first..then we go. To add to that..there is no set amount of people that will be called. It goes strictly by need.

I actually got a question, say that I am in school at the moment when they called me, my list number is 757, can I actually tell them to delay my hiring and when I am available when I am off the semester, that they can call me, sort of push back my list number sort of speak.

I actually got a question, say that I am in school at the moment when they called me, my list number is 757, can I actually tell them to delay my hiring and when I am available when I am off the semester, that they can call me, sort of push back my list number sort of speak.

If you dont take it when they call you they just go on to the next person and forget about you. You HAVE to take it when they call or you will have to wait to take another test and get on another list.

Postal

you

will probaly be waiting a year and a half the promotional list will be exhausted quicker this time around because the list is smaller than the last promotional

the list will probaly be established in march

they r going to establish a new list in March 2010?

they r going to establish a new list in March 2010?

No. It's the open competitive list that we are all on already, it just will be "activated" around that time frame. That's what they mean when they say "established", in other words, when it's "established" it means they are now using that list for hiring.

Its going to be longer the 12 months. Not trying to burst anyones bubble here..your definitely going to be in. But much closer to 2yrs then 1. People have to remember..the promotional exam has to be completely exhausted first..then we go. To add to that..there is no set amount of people that will be called. It goes strictly by need.

Promotional Exam?

I Thought This Test Was Strictly Open Competitive

Promotional Exam?

I Thought This Test Was Strictly Open Competitive

There are two lists, a promotional list and open competitive. The MTA employees on the promotional list will get called for Conductor before those from the Open Competitive list.

They'll push you back to another class, but then you have to hope that another class is actually formed.

Nah. There are a lot of things I don't know(but thanks for the vote of confidence). This, though, I do know, because I held myself back a class when I first started as Conductor.

Mr. L is correct about holding back. DCAS allows two "hold-backs," and if you deny a call a third time, your name is removed from THAT PARTICULAR list only. Deny three calls from the same list will not remove you from any other lists that you may be on, nor does it make you ineligible for future exams. If you were to deny three calls from List #8094, you are most certainly eligible to retest and find yourself on the next list in four years.

I believe this holds true for ALL civil service lists in NYC.

Mr. L is correct about holding back. DCAS allows two "hold-backs," and if you deny a call a third time, your name is removed from THAT PARTICULAR list only. Deny three calls from the same list will not remove you from any other lists that you may be on, nor does it make you ineligible for future exams. If you were to deny three calls from List #8094, you are most certainly eligible to retest and find yourself on the next list in four years.

I believe this holds true for ALL civil service lists in NYC.

That will serve well if T/O calls me while I am still on C/R probation.

Archived