Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 years? I highly doubt that Transit Man. One year the most

Actually based on Alex L said, sounds like they are right on schedule...he said thered be a class starting mid October of 20, and he thought they'd go through 50 names to get there, so sure enough if they're at 48 things are moving along just about as expected

That's a little odd how they publish the promotional list second but that is the first list they are calling from.

Okay NYtech ask yourself a question, Why would any city agency call from the O/C list before the promotional when they have to get thru thousands of names and do thousands of back ground checks?. We are already employed by that said agency and therefore are easy to fill the jobs with because they already have us in there system and have our work records. So it's just a matter of Disciplinary and Sick records. And by the way first class started Oct 5th, hopefully I can get called by DEC or JAN. I'am #244 on the list out of 445 eligibles . A cleaner friend of mines was #1 on the list and got skipped over due to the (MTA)'s 1 in 3 scheme.

The rule of 1 in 3. I think it goes that they pick the next name from the top 3 scorers, but it can be any one of them at any time so it's possible the person with the lower list # gets called first.

No 1 in 3 is if three people score the exact score they take the person with the best sick record (i.e. least call outs) and the other 2 people get get passed over. It's a crappy rule because some one who scored lower then you will get the job and you wont. It's against civil service rules. DCAS keeps over turning transits decisions when they 1 in 3 people, but they continue to do it over and over again. So if you or anyone is a victim of this call DCAS and more then likely they will pressure (MTA) into hiring you. The (MTA) takes sick call outs way too serious and use it like crazy for reasons not to promote people. I mean the guy had a 98.65 highest score of everyone who took the exam and got passed over for the job.

WHY DID WE GET LIST #'S IF IT HASN'T BEEN ESTABLISHED YET?

once it becomes officially "established" that means that the 4 year clock begins to run. it works out better for the people on that list because you dont wanna start that clock until they're actually calling people from it. they publish it in the Chief because thats the final list. the scores wont be changed.

This is basically what I was saying. The chief publishes the open competitive list before publishing the promotional list yet calls from the promotional list first. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I have not had a job for years already that I don't know how a company generally runs, it makes perfect sense that the promotional list would get exhausted first before anyone gets called from the open competitive list. I know a lot of reasons why they would do that, which include lessening the time and cost of training as well as the knowledge of management realizing the first batch of employees new to this positional are reliable. My question really was addressing how the chief published the lists what I would consider backwards. It would make more sense to publish the promotional list first, then the open competitive list second.

Now the new questions. The 1 in 3 rule as described works for the promotionals, but I am worried that if they do that for the O/C list as well, we have a 2/3 chance of being passed over even though the list will run faster. Is this the case?

Also if that is when the 4 year clock begins to run, didn't the last list run out before the 4 year clock ended? So therefore it seems that isn't quite the issue then but I could be wrong.

The chief has nothing to do with the MTA or any city agency. They are simply a newspaper dedicate to news about Civil Service job related news. Them publishing the list has no effect on the list. They are simply listing it. They have no part in the process of a list being established and are not part of DCAS or the MTA.

The (MTA) takes sick call outs way too serious and use it like crazy for reasons not to promote people. I mean the guy had a 98.65 highest score of everyone who took the exam and got passed over for the job.

You are correct. A person can have a few safety infractions and/ or disciplinary actions in there file and easily get promoted in the TA but if you have less than 50% of your total possible sick days for your career you will NEVER get promoted unless you used most of those days for one major illness.

Hello All, I'm fairly new to the forum and would like to know if anyone has a hunch on when they might get up to #90-100 on the o/c list (#8094)? I just would like to know how long I will have to possibly be at my current gig.... 09'?...10'?....11?

Hello All, I'm fairly new to the forum and would like to know if anyone has a hunch on when they might get up to #90-100 on the o/c list (#8094)? I just would like to know how long I will have to possibly be at my current gig.... 09'?...10'?....11?

Hopefully late spring or summer 2010 based on what a schoolcar train service supervisor has posted here in the past, but really it could be any time. If you need the money, keep your job till you get called (some would say take leave when you do get called so you have a job to go back to if it doesn't work out for whatever reason). Just sit tight and be pleasantly surprised when it does come.

Thanks....for info....I will check the mail daily!....lol

Nah don't torture yourself like that. Just keep it on the back of your mind. When the day comes let it be a surprise. When I got called by the (NYCT) it seemed like it just came out of the blue, and also right on time. I was just about to quite my previous job , and it came about a month before I was about to leave that job. So just keep working and chill out it will come.:tup:

Archived