Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah if you keep dwelling on the job for those 2 years it seems like a long time. But if you keep it @ the back of your mind and go on with your life and working other jobs then the time will fly by before you know it. I took TA just under 2 years to call me for my job from the time I took the exam. I took my exam for S/A in April of 2004 and got hired January of 2006.

NY Tech I hear you. I am in the same boat as you. We will get called just gonna take time. This was around the same range and the test back in 2004. I know the past is not indicative of the future but lets just say history repeats itself our group can get called in about 2.5 years from when the list is actually established.

hey, for anybody who took both tests...is it true that the conductor test was easier than the T/O test?

Yes. Definitely. The questions pretty much flat out told you the correct answers. They also provided you with a map to use on questions regarding locations of landmarks.

the T/O exam was a joke. they gave you a index with all the terms and info you needed to know. that was the easiest transit test i ever took. the tower operator test was harder. and i still got a good list number. these are common sense test's. something new yorkers dont have much of anymore.

the T/O exam was a joke. they gave you a index with all the terms and info you needed to know. that was the easiest transit test i ever took. the tower operator test was harder. and i still got a good list number. these are common sense test's. something new yorkers dont have much of anymore.

You took the T/O promotion exam as well as worked in the system as a conductor, but the T/O open competitive was a hard exam for people who never worked in the system before.

They had school car type question on it.

You took the T/O promotion exam as well as worked in the system as a conductor, but the T/O open competitive was a hard exam for people who never worked in the system before.

They had school car type question on it.

The Train Operator open competative test is not hard. I took it in 2003 and got 1 wrong (because I bubbled in the wrong choice in a rush to leave) with no prior knowledge of the subway. If you pay attention to the details of the question they are not difficult.

The Train operator open competative test is not hard. I took it in 2003 and got 1 wrong (because I bubbled in the wrong choice in a rush to leave) with no prior knowledge of the subway. If you pay attention to the details of the question they are not difficult.

People we gotta remember to be sensitive, what's easy for you may not be easy for some one else. Yes I took all of the above exams and found them not to be very hard at all, but the T/O exam was harder than the C/R exam. And I can see how the T/O exam could be hard for someone w/o TA experience or knowledge being a lil difficult. Some people have problems understanding military time. And people like a friend of mines who has a learning disability, gets extended time on these dcas exams because he has to read each question about three to four times to really understand them correctly. If you think an exam is easy then good for you, but don't go around parading that statement because you make people feel bad that didn't think the exam was easy.:):tup:<5>

The Train Operator open competative test is not hard. I took it in 2003 and got 1 wrong (because I bubbled in the wrong choice in a rush to leave) with no prior knowledge of the subway. If you pay attention to the details of the question they are not difficult.

You're correct the T/O open competetive tests are ridiculously easy as are most civil service tests these days. They are almost all reading comprehension.

People we gotta remember to be sensitive, what's easy for you may not be easy for some one else. Yes I took all of the above exams and found them not to be very hard at all, but the T/O exam was harder than the C/R exam. And I can see how the T/O exam could be hard for someone w/o TA experience or knowledge being a lil difficult. Some people have problems understanding military time. And people like a friend of mines who has a learning disability, gets extended time on these dcas exams because he has to read each question about three to four times to really understand them correctly. If you think an exam is easy then good for you, but don't go around parading that statement because you make people feel bad that didn't think the exam was easy.:):tup:<5>

The rest of the world uses military time. I learned military time when I was 9 years old as did most other people I've known that were properly educated. You simply keep counting after 12. Anyone that doesn't understand military time should be ashamed of themselves, and should not be operating machinery such as a train.

Jah,

what did you score on the TO exam?

I don't remember because scores mean zero to me only the list number is important to me and my list number was low. I have a couple of relatives that have scored 100's on the T/O open competetive tests though and they aren't genius'.

Archived