Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

The rest of the world uses military time. I learned military time when I was 9 years old as did most other people I've known that were properly educated. You simply keep counting after 12. Anyone that doesn't understand military time should be ashamed of themselves, and should not be operating machinery such as a train.

Great job on the on the sensitivity part lol. I hear what your saying but like I said before not everyone finds these exams as easy as you or me. I mean I aced

every single one of these exams I have taken but I don't throw it up in anyone face that found the exam to be a lil bit harder than I did. I know for a fact the last S/A exam was harder than the one I took in 2004. Not extremely harder just a lil bit harder with a few trick questions on it. I didn't find the T/O exam hard, but it was harder than the C/R exam. And was one a few where I needed almost the entire 3 hours to complete. And yes the whole world uses military time as well as the metric system. Two things the USA does not use primarily. And by you having that knowledge will be the deciding factor in you getting the job and someone else not getting the job. All I'm trying to say is ease a bit people, that's why the exam is O/C so that the best qualified people, that score the highest get considered for the job first.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great job on the on the sensitivity part lol. I hear what your saying but like I said before not everyone finds these exams as easy as you or me. I mean I aced

every single one of these exams I have taken but I don't throw it up in anyone face that found the exam to be a lil bit harder than I did. I know for a fact the last S/A exam was harder than the one I took in 2004. Not extremely harder just a lil bit harder with a few trick questions on it. I didn't find the T/O exam hard, but it was harder than the C/R exam. And was one a few where I needed almost the entire 3 hours to complete. And yes the whole world uses military time as well as the metric system. Two things the USA does not use primarily. And by you having that knowledge will be the deciding factor in you getting the job and someone else not getting the job. All I'm trying to say is ease a bit people, that's why the exam is O/C so that the best qualified people, that score the highest get considered for the job first.

What you're not realizing is that these tests are intentionally made very easy. If they aren't very easy then certain people complain and protest that they are biased that is why the FDNY had to dumb down there test a few years back.

I'm not throwing anything in anyone's face. I am merely stating the truth to the ones who are ignorant to it. If you don't know simple things, you don't belong in the cab operating a train. In fact, I wouldn't want you there for my own safety. It's all politically correct bs until someone dies, then it's "who let that idiot operate the train" A spade is a spade, an uneducated fool is an uneducated fool. If someone is an uneducated fool, they can fix it, not by crying and having a pity party, but by getting educated. Half of my education was from schooling, the other half was by me picking up a book. You don't need to attend Harvard to be educated.

What you're not realizing is that these tests are intentionally made very easy. If they aren't very easy then certain people complain and protest that they are biased that is why the FDNY had to dumb down there test a few years back.

I realize that the exams are made easy. All I said is that not "Everyone" finds the exam as easy as me or anyone else that feels that way. I have meet a few people that had a bit of difficulties with the exams. I just don't throw it up in anyone's face. But after this post me ,you and anyone else are going to agree to disagree on the topic. No more debating for me.

You took the T/O promotion exam as well as worked in the system as a conductor, but the T/O open competitive was a hard exam for people who never worked in the system before.

They had school car type question on it.

they gave us the same test. we had a guy from pepsi show up to the test site which was for promotions only and they still let him test because it was the same as the open competitive.

This year's T/O test was harder than the previous years and I took that one and the conductor test. I had no clue what I was getting into for either test and got a 96 on the conductor and 92 on the operator. The conductor I lost points because of the landmark questions the other one too some and there were a few semi tricky questions. Not that the test was hard at all, just I was unsure of a couple of them what they were looking for.

Does anyone konow what "outstanding certification" means. I recently called dcas and that was the message I got from their automated system.

Vee would that be for the conductor promotional exam??? I just checked DCAS and they are up to list number 203 . My list number is 244, if you took that exam what's your's???

my list number is 75. i really don't know whats goin on.

The last # called is 379 that means that dcas sent out the first 379 list #'s to NYC Transit. Then after the list #'s are received NYC transit starts to hire off that batch of list #'s . After 30 days whatever list # is not hired gets sent back to Dcas . When NYC transit needs more names they contact DCAS and then new list #'s are sent back to NYC transit.

Okay...

So on the promotional, they have contacted up to list number 203 or 379? Which one is it? Wasn't it mentioned last week that they are only up to number 48?

Transit have REQUESTED 379 names to contact from DCAS, as for what number they are actually up to DCAS wouldn't be able to tell you, they can only tell you the list #'s they give to Transit. After that Transit is the one calling them.

Transit have REQUESTED 379 names to contact from DCAS, as for what number they are actually up to DCAS wouldn't be able to tell you, they can only tell you the list #'s they give to Transit. After that Transit is the one calling them.

It means 379 names have been called, but only 48 have been hired at this point. Just because the list has 445 people doesn't mean all 445 people are getting hired. When I started, my class ranged through 400 list numbers, but we were only 60 people.

Some people refuse the promotion when the time comes because their seniority takes a major hit when they take a promotion. Some of them are close to getting Saturdays and Sundays off, and are close to being able to pick whatever job they might want, so even though the promotion is more pay, there can be more cons than pros to taking it. If anyone is familiar with the TV show Quantum Leap, being extra extra is like it. You keep bouncing around from shift to shift not knowing where you will be next until 2 days before, so it's hard to make any plans and can put a lot of wear and tear on you if one day you report at Far Rockaway 11 AM and the next day you have to report at 95 street in Bay Ridge at 5 AM, and then Bedford Park Blvd the next day. That's not attractive to someone with a stable work schedule. Think if these people are older and have kids, the crazy new schedule isn't worth the raise they get.

It means 379 names have been called, but only 48 have been hired at this point. Just because the list has 445 people doesn't mean all 445 people are getting hired. When I started, my class ranged through 400 list numbers, but we were only 60 people.

Some people refuse the promotion when the time comes because their seniority takes a major hit when they take a promotion. Some of them are close to getting Saturdays and Sundays off, and are close to being able to pick whatever job they might want, so even though the promotion is more pay, there can be more cons than pros to taking it. If anyone is familiar with the TV show Quantum Leap, being extra extra is like it. You keep bouncing around from shift to shift not knowing where you will be next until 2 days before, so it's hard to make any plans and can put a lot of wear and tear on you if one day you report at Far Rockaway 11 AM and the next day you have to report at 95 street in Bay Ridge at 5 AM, and then Bedford Park Blvd the next day. That's not attractive to someone with a stable work schedule. Think if these people are older and have kids, the crazy new schedule isn't worth the raise they get.

very true. when i got called 500 people where there. after the drug test there were about 150 people there. after the phyiscal 12 of us actually got hired.

What paperwork is needed?

Basically your entire life's worth of paperwork. You will need every single job you ever worked in your life. If you can't remember them all you're going to have to go to the social security office to get a printed out list. You will need your SS card, birth certificate, HS diploma and college degree if needed, proof of address x 2 I believe and 2 pictures ID's. There may be more paper work needed but I can't remember it all. So my suggestion is if your on a list for an exam and they are getting close to your list number, would be to get all of the above prepared in advance so you have less foot work to do when the time comes.

Archived