Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

Basically your entire life's worth of paperwork. You will need every single job you ever worked in your life. If you can't remember them all you're going to have to go to the social security office to get a printed out list. You will need your SS card, birth certificate, HS diploma and college degree if needed, proof of address x 2 I believe and 2 pictures ID's. There may be more paper work needed but I can't remember it all. So my suggestion is if your on a list for an exam and they are getting close to your list number, would be to get all of the above prepared in advance so you have less foot work to do when the time comes.

Thank you for explaining that :tup:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what if I am still working?:P

Yeah just bring in all the requested information that they ask for. You even have to give the information for times when you were not working, they want to know how you supported yourself. They ask for an overwhelming amount of information. So that's why I suggested you start getting prepared now instead of later. In most cases after the first time your summoned to go to 180 livingston, you will have less than a week to get the info together for your 2nd trip down there. And if your still working you will have to try and get a leave of absence . You can not be out sick from your other job while in training for what ever job with the TA. They will tell you that from the beginning. But more than likely if your in training already you may just want to quit your other job. I left my other after being in class for 2 weeks. fortunately for my other job was in the evening and my classes were in the morning, so I was able to swing both for that period of time.

I'M TRYING TO GET AS MUCH INFO BEFORE HAND, YOU SAID LIFETIME WORK HISTORY. THAT GOES BACK A NUMBER OF YRS.

Well let me rephrase that, They did indeed ask for 10 years work history. But since I was 26 years old at the time I got hired my entire work history was less than 10 years. So for me it was a lifetime worth of work history. But yeah just get everything together and put it aside for when the time comes. But what exam are you on the list for? Is it the conductor exam #8094 or is it another exam or both or more?

Any insight on the medical standards for the position, especially concerning vision. I'm asking because I'm legally blind on one eye(glasses/contacts or any surgery will not help) and hopefully it will not be a problem.

I'm not sure about that one. Being a conductor is a safety sensitive title so that could be a bit of a problem. But you'll have that out from them. Or from some one here that knows the answer.

Any insight on the medical standards for the position, especially concerning vision. I'm asking because I'm legally blind on one eye(glasses/contacts or any surgery will not help) and hopefully it will not be a problem.

Being blind in one eye could pose a problem because you need to be able to see to the end of the train. Is your other eye 20 vision with or without glasses?

Well let me rephrase that, They did indeed ask for 10 years work history. But since I was 26 years old at the time I got hired my entire work history was less than 10 years. So for me it was a lifetime worth of work history. But yeah just get everything together and put it aside for when the time comes. But what exam are you on the list for? Is it the conductor exam #8094 or is it another exam or both or more?

I'M ON CONDUCTORS LIST IN THE 300'S, ALSO TOOK THE TO EXAM.

Yeah just bring in all the requested information that they ask for. You even have to give the information for times when you were not working, they want to know how you supported yourself. They ask for an overwhelming amount of information. So that's why I suggested you start getting prepared now instead of later. In most cases after the first time your summoned to go to 180 livingston, you will have less than a week to get the info together for your 2nd trip down there. And if your still working you will have to try and get a leave of absence . You can not be out sick from your other job while in training for what ever job with the TA. They will tell you that from the beginning. But more than likely if your in training already you may just want to quit your other job. I left my other after being in class for 2 weeks. fortunately for my other job was in the evening and my classes were in the morning, so I was able to swing both for that period of time.

I had a job off the books in the past when I was a teenager and a job where I was semi self employed when I was 20 (but no salary). Do they want to know about those also? I know that they wouldn't count either as work experience based on what I've read. For C/R obviously all I need to qualify is the HS diploma, and for T/O I did not use either when counting towards my work experience as it didn't meet the criteria. What sort of stuff will they need for those jobs?

Alex L, for those companies that weren't around anymore you just gave what info you had? Or do you just explain not around anymore.

I had a job off the books in the past when I was a teenager and a job where I was semi self employed when I was 20 (but no salary). Do they want to know about those also? I know that they wouldn't count either as work experience based on what I've read. For C/R obviously all I need to qualify is the HS diploma, and for T/O I did not use either when counting towards my work experience as it didn't meet the criteria. What sort of stuff will they need for those jobs?

Alex L, for those companies that weren't around anymore you just gave what info you had? Or do you just explain not around anymore.

You cant use self employment or off the books jobs. They are not valid so there is no need to disclose it to them. Any companies that are no longer in business will still be verifiable through the department of labor. The department of labor has all of the records. Thats one way they verify your employment. Any job that you worked that was on the books has to report your earnings to the department of labor.

You cant use self employment or off the books jobs. They are not valid so there is no need to disclose it to them. Any companies that are no longer in business will still be verifiable through the department of labor. The department of labor has all of the records. Thats one way they verify your employment. Any job that you worked that was on the books has to report your earnings to the department of labor.

To clarify I know that I can't use it as work experience nor am I saying I'm trying to. I'm asking specifically what they need to know for those type jobs (self employed, etc.) because apparently they want to know everything regardless of whether or not the position you're applying for requires work experience, or if you are using that experience to count towards the requirement.

You never tell anyone you had a job off the books, especially now with the economy being bad. The IRS will go after you, even if it's only for $50.00. Delete that from your comment.

Is it mandatory to resign or take a leave of absence from my current part-time job(I have a very flexible schedule)? OR SIMPLY, Is dual employment allowed by TA? I have a very low list # on 8094 and wanted to be prepared>

It's mandatory for conductor's and Train operators (thanks to people like Robert Ray) to have at least 10 hours between the end of your last subway shift, and the start of your next subway shift. You can only work 6 consecutive days also. They would want to know what your second job is, the hours, and how hard the work will be on your rest time, so it doesn't affect you at Transit.

It's mandatory for conductor's and Train operators (thanks to people like Robert Ray) to have at least 10 hours between the end of your last subway shift, and the start of your next subway shift. You can only work 6 consecutive days also. They would want to know what your second job is, the hours, and how hard the work will be on your rest time, so it doesn't affect you at Transit.

So do they require you to resign, retire, or take a leave of absence:confused:

Archived