Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

Does anybody know the physical requirements for a conductor? I'm overweight and my blood pressure is borderline high. You think I will fail the physical?

A bunch of people are overweight down there, but do what you can to try to lower your blood pressure as soon as possible until you get called.

One of the things they will ask you to do at the physical is squat down and come back up.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that you can go to your doctor before you go to the MTA and get checked and cleared by him/her so if the Quack doctors at the MTA fail you, you don't have to waste a trip back since you already have your doctors note. Does that work?

I heard that you can go to your doctor before you go to the MTA and get checked and cleared by him/her so if the Quack doctors at the MTA fail you, you don't have to waste a trip back since you already have your doctors note. Does that work?

You heard? You aren'y even in Transit yet and you're starting to sound like an employee spreading hearsay. lol. Where did you "hear" this?

You heard? You aren'y even in Transit yet and you're starting to sound like an employee spreading hearsay. lol. Where did you "hear" this?
I don't recall. Don't remember if it was online or via one of my sources which I wouldn't disclose. The point is, if you fail your medical, don't you get a chance to dispute their claims by going to a private doctor and having them do a check on you?

I have read about a few people on here being put on "hold" because of the MTA doctors. They were cleared by their own doctors but guess which doctors have the final say in the hiring process.....I am speaking as an outsider but if they don't want to hire you they will find any reason whatsoever not to.

It's mandatory for conductor's and Train operators (thanks to people like Robert Ray) to have at least 10 hours between the end of your last subway shift, and the start of your next subway shift. You can only work 6 consecutive days also. They would want to know what your second job is, the hours, and how hard the work will be on your rest time, so it doesn't affect you at Transit.

You only have to get 8 hours in between tours even though you can only pick jobs with 10 hours in between. I get only 8 hours in between pretty often.

You only have to get 8 hours in between tours even though you can only pick jobs with 10 hours in between. I get only 8 hours in between pretty often.

The crew office would never let me work with less than 10 hours. They have let me me do an rdo am job after a PM job, but that was because there were 10 hours in between. The crew office themselves said that train crews in passenger service cannot work with less than 10 hours between shifts. I had been scheduled with 8 hours in between once and asked them about it, and they changed it immediately. Didn't you do your 8 hour jobs on a work train? That's probably why.

The crew office would never let me work with less than 10 hours. They have let me me do an rdo am job after a PM job, but that was because there were 10 hours in between. The crew office themselves said that train crews in passenger service cannot work with less than 10 hours between shifts. I had been scheduled with 8 hours in between once and asked them about it, and they changed it immediately. Didn't you do your 8 hour jobs on a work train? That's probably why.

I thought it was 12 hours in between for xx, 10 hours for xl, and 8 for everyone else in either the rule book or contract?

if you go to the medical and you have borderline high blood pressure, they will put you on hold until you get your blood pressure under control. if that means going to your doctor and taking medication to lower it, so be it. your doctor can't "clear" you for it. there are conductors restricted to platform duty because of high blood pressure found during medical scheduling.

You are right 12hrs for xxlist, 10hrs for xlist, 8hrs for everyone else, not including travel time. If you are on restriction, they don't have to give you platform duty. If they are no position open, you stay home, and use sick time if you have any, I guess. If you do get restrictive platform duty, I guaranty it won't be close to where you live. One one my class mate was on restriction of 3 months, he lived in Brooklyn. Of all the places he could be sent in Brooklyn, the crew office sent he to Queens Plaza for crowd control, or Pason Acher.

his list # was 75 will

Oh Ok cool. I'm in no rush anyway. I'am just about to get my 4 weeks vacation next year, so any title change would affect when I get to pick those 4 weeks. I should have gotten the 4 weeks this since I made 3 years since Jan of 09 but since I did'nt have 3 years last Nov when we picked vacation time I still got stuck with 2 weeks. So if they call me after Dec I would have already picked my vacation weeks and should be cool.

What are they going to call you for? Gossiping? To talk abou tthe Mighty Morphin Power Rangers? You're 16.

err....no. My birthday is in one month, and then it will at least be a 1.5 year wait.....due to the list number in the 1000s.

so gather yer facts before speaking, ok?

(helpful hint B) )

Archived