Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you think thats good, at top pay plus flagging pay i get $26.15

You get paid extra to work in flagging? Is it a set rate or does it increase over time to a top place for flagger? Also, who does RTO Flagging work, how do you pick you jobs and where you work?

Thats great! I know a few people on the O/P C/R list who are arounf the 100 or so mark,, they should not have too much longer to wait.

you mean the o/c c/r list?

If he's 75, and there's at least 400 or so on the promo, by the time they get to o/c it will be 2012

you mean the o/c c/r list?

If he's 75, and there's at least 400 or so on the promo, by the time they get to o/c it will be 2012

I had thought there were alot less on the promo. I'm not on any list so I have not been following it that much.

I guess, although I have heard conflicting info about this all over the place. Though I'm not on the list so it does not affect me yet. When the next track worker exam comes out, I'll be going nuts trying to get info. Congrats to S/A Vee, have fun in RTO though they took the Rapid out of it long ago.

Nah they are going right according to schedule. I'd heard that there are 3 C/R classes coming up, so I guess this is for one of them. The first class in October burned through about 50 names. I don't know what the class size was but Alex L said 20 a few months back.

It's moving along. I'm hoping to be in by next summer or early fall at the latest, but at this point whatever happens happens. It shouldn't be two years from now though for anyone towards the top of the O/C list...

Nah they are going right according to schedule. I'd heard that there are 3 C/R classes coming up, so I guess this is for one of them. The first class in October burned through about 50 names. I don't know what the class size was but Alex L said 20 a few months back.

The class in October was 17 people and ran through the first 48 names on the list.

15 people start on 11/16, 15 more in late December and another 15 in January.

Thanks for the update Alex. It looks like the OC list will be established sometime in the spring.

The open-competitive list has already been established, hence public posting. Do you mean that first names on the open-competitive list will be called in the spring?

The open competitive list has not been "established" yet. The list has been made public but it cannot be used yet to hire anyone as the promotional is still being utilized to hire new conductors. When the list is "established" this means that they can hire off that list .

Exactly!!.

The open competitive list has not been "established" yet. The list has been made public but it cannot be used yet to hire anyone as the promotional is still being utilized to hire new conductors. When the list is "established" this means that they can hire off that list .

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/resources/prr_rule4.shtml

According to sections:

"4.6.3. Publication of Established Lists.

An established eligible list shall be published as soon as practicable after establishment. Upon the establishment of an open competitive eligible list notification thereof shall be published as soon as practicable thereafter stating the title of the examination, the examination number, the number of passing candidates, the date of establishment, and such other information as the commissioner of citywide administrative services shall prescribe."

And then:

"4.6.4. Notification to Candidates.

Unless otherwise provided for in the notice of examination with respect to a continuing eligible list, the commissioner of citywide administrative services, upon the establishment of an eligible list, shall notify each candidate of the candidate's ratings and, if the candidate has received a passing final examination rating, of the numerical place on such list. Any candidate rejected for reasons other than failure to attain a passing final examination rating shall be advised of such reasons."

The list has been published and candidates have received their scores and list numbers. Therefore, the list has been established.

It is not worded correctly. It is established for purposes of notifying candidates of their scores and the exam has the final key out and so on. However the list is not established for hiring purposes as of yet. When the promotional list gets exhausted then the OC list will be "established" for hiring.

Archived