Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it MATTER if the list has been "established?" or not??

You HAVE your score.

You HAVE your list number.

You HAVE the updated progress of the promotional list and know how many are on that list.

You HAVE an idea when the promotional will be exhausted roughly.

You HAVE an idea of the hiring rate.

Therefore you HAVE enough information to estimate how long till you can start to expect a call. That's enough. Now just wait. The semantics of Whether or not a list is "established" "certified" or both has absolutely NO impact on how long till you get called.

And that is putting it nicely...;)

Not referring to you locomotion, just the other people that call the Dcas employees idiots. Some of you got below 90 on a conductor test. A test a parrot could have managed at least a 90. And you think some people at Dcas that don't want to be bothered by the same 3 questions asked 50 times a day, so they tell you anything to get rid of are idiots? Honestly, once some of you guys got the DCAS phone numbers, how many times did you call them in the first week? 3 or 4? Multiply that by 1000 people city wide and then wonder why they give you the wrong answer. They aren't there to answer the questions of obsessive compulsive people. They are there to work on what DCAS needs them to work on.

Ok now why do we have to insult the parrots? What they ever do to anyone? LMAO. All in good fun!! ;)

On behalf of the Parrots Anti Defamation League I do here by apologize for my comments made earlier that a parrot would need a special form to use a #2 pencil. I feel that apologizing at this time would be beneficial to me and all the parrots that I have offended. I am a better person for apologizing.

I would also like to apologize for my comments saying a parrot could get at least a 90 on the conductor test. This is not true. A parrot can get at least a 97.61. I apologize again. I am truly very sorry and offer crackers as a bount1ful apology to my fine feathered friends. Some of my best friends are parrots and I have offended them as well.

the real challenge would be opening and closing the doors while keeping it's head out the window, once it does get the job. making announcements would be a breeze though

It would have no problem repeating the answers to the questions the customers keep repeating. Where is my transfer. Awwwk up the stairs. Where? Awwwk up the stairs.

How come they don't have promotional exams for B/O's? just wondering.

They do have promotional for B/O's or do you mean promotional to a B/O?

B/O's can take promotional exams to dispatchers, T/O and quite a few other number of other promo exams. But if you meant to becoming a B/O I guess since it's an entry level job they believe most people will just take the O/C exam. And they give the O/C exams for B/O's for TA, OA and MTA bus so often they don't bother with promo exams. And also the only other job below a B/O is a maintainer's helper cleaner. But maybe some one else has a better answer than I do.

They do have promotional for B/O's or do you mean promotional to a B/O?

B/O's can take promotional exams to dispatchers, T/O and quite a few other number of other promo exams. But if you meant to becoming a B/O I guess since it's an entry level job they believe most people will just take the O/C exam. And they give the O/C exams for B/O's for TA, OA and MTA bus so often they don't bother with promo exams. And also the only other job below a B/O is a maintainer's helper cleaner. But maybe some one else has a better answer than I do.

I meant promotion to B/O, sorry about the confusion. Your answer makes sense, thanks.

I meant promotion to B/O, sorry about the confusion. Your answer makes sense, thanks.

That's not why. Conductor is an entry level position, but cleaners can promote to conductor. The reason there is no promotion to B/O is that it's not something anyone can do, and it involves agencies outside the MTA. You can become a conductor from cleaner and need nothing other than a passing grade. To be a bus driver, you have to have a clean driving record, and you have to have a CDL with passenger endorsement, (among other requirements) so the DMV and NYC laws get involved. That's ast least 2 other jurisdictions besides the MTA. It's no fluke that the B/O test is the hardest from the T/O, C/R, and B/O tests. Honestly, if you get more than 1 wrong on the T/O and C/R tests, you should be ashamed and not allowed to get the job or the promotion. If you get less than 5 wrong on the B/O test, you did very well. The B/O is like taking a test to get into Harvard. The T/O and C/R test are like taking the GED to put it very bluntly. The B/O has questions like what do you do if your bus skids. The T/O has questions like where is Hunter College which many of you got wrong.

That's not why. Conductor is an entry level position, but cleaners can promote to conductor. The reason there is no promotion to B/O is that it's not something anyone can do, and it involves agencies outside the MTA. You can become a conductor from cleaner and need nothing other than a passing grade. To be a bus driver, you have to have a clean driving record, and you have to have a CDL with passenger endorsement, (among other requirements) so the DMV and NYC laws get involved. That's ast least 2 other jurisdictions besides the MTA. It's no fluke that the B/O test is the hardest from the T/O, C/R, and B/O tests. Honestly, if you get more than 1 wrong on the T/O and C/R tests, you should be ashamed and not allowed to get the job or the promotion. If you get less than 5 wrong on the B/O test, you did very well. The B/O is like taking a test to get into Harvard. The T/O and C/R test are like taking the GED to put it very bluntly. The B/O has questions like what do you do if your bus skids. The T/O has questions like where is Hunter College which many of you got wrong.

You got an answer for everything.

So everyone who didnt get all the question right on the train op test dont even bother because according to naughtygirl and her 'views' you shouldn't be hired. Because its like taking the GED. (for those who took the GED)

So everyone who didnt get all the question right on the train op test dont even bother because according to naughtygirl and her 'views' you shouldn't be hired. Because its like taking the GED. (for those who took the GED)

Yeah she always does doesn't she?. If you make a typo on your post then your stupid. If you get 1 question wrong on the T/O or C/R exam you should be ashamed why?. Why should someone be ashamed if they got 1 question wrong or 10 questions wrong?. Just because you got all the questions right and got the job does not make you better or smarter than anyone else. If the DCAS and MTA had your outlook on the civil service exam process then they would not have many people getting hired for open positions. And that would mean anyone with a grade lower than 98 would not be hired. And there would be no need to establish a list number higher than 100 because everyone else should not even bother to get the job and should also be too ashamed for such a lousy score of 96-97. You really have some issues Naughtygal, you seem to bring a lot of negativity to these boards. And it's obvious that a lot of people feel the same way I do. You really need to tone it down and keep your negative opinions to your self. If you don't have anything positive or constructive to add to the conversation please keep it to yourself thank you!!.

Yeah she always does doesn't she?. If you make a typo on your post then your stupid. If you get 1 question wrong on the T/O or C/R exam you should be ashamed why?. Why should someone be ashamed if they got 1 question wrong or 10 questions wrong?. Just because you got all the questions right and got the job does not make you better or smarter than anyone else. If the DCAS and MTA had your outlook on the civil service exam process then they would not have many people getting hired for open positions. And that would mean anyone with a grade lower than 98 would not be hired. And there would be no need to establish a list number higher than 100 because everyone else should not even bother to get the job and should also be too ashamed for such a lousy score of 96-97. You really have some issues Naughtygal, you seem to bring a lot of negativity to these boards. And it's obvious that a lot of people feel the same way I do. You really need to tone it down and keep your negative opinions to your self. If you don't have anything positive or constructive to add to the conversation please keep it to yourself thank you!!.

Said by someone that got an 89 on the conductor promotional. That says it all. You already work for transit and got below a 90 and thought it was easy. Classic. Plus you tried to sexually harass me in private messages. You're lucky I don't file a grievance and have you fired. I don't have issues. I have standards, unlike NYCT for hiring and promoting you. It's people like you that make the subway run incorrectly, and screw it up for every other worker and passenger. It's because of people like you that a conductor has to ask the T/O if he or she has the proper lineup.

I'm guessing you took the GED. The way you write and your whiney attitude, you want everything handed to you. If they only hired people who got 1 wrong or less on the C/R and T/O test, the system would run a lot better. Someone who gets a GED can work there. What does that say about their standards? You couldn't finish high school, the easiest race you will ever have in your life to win, and you're trusted to move a train? Some of you actually studied for these tests and got multiple incorrect answers. Freaking amazing. Transit needs to have the standards the NYPD has in hiring. At least 2 years in the military or two years college. That would weed out a lot of you.

I'm guessing you took the GED. The way you write and your whiney attitude, you want everything handed to you. If they only hired people who got 1 wrong or less on the C/R and T/O test, the system would run a lot better. Someone who gets a GED can work there. What does that say about their standards? You couldn't finish high school, the easiest race you will ever have in your life to win, and you're trusted to move a train? Some of you actually studied for these tests and got multiple incorrect answers. Freaking amazing. Transit needs to have the standards the NYPD has in hiring. At least 2 years in the military or two years college. That would weed out a lot of you.

done.

Archived