Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

done.

Wow. To be perfectly frank, when it comes to "moving a train," I trust people who actually had the motivation to take an exam to obtain a GED and had a few wrong answers on an exam to get a job but are willing to learn more than people with an elitist attitude and hostile behavior. Oh well. Good riddance to bad rubbish. :eek:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Said by someone that got an 89 on the conductor promotional. That says it all. You already work for transit and got below a 90 and thought it was easy. Classic. Plus you tried to sexually harass me in private messages. You're lucky I don't file a grievance and have you fired. I don't have issues. I have standards, unlike NYCT for hiring and promoting you. It's people like you that make the subway run incorrectly, and screw it up for every other worker and passenger. It's because of people like you that a conductor has to ask the T/O if he or she has the proper lineup.

First of all Ms Banned now. If you knew anything about the promotional process

Of the NYCT you would know that your multiple choice score only accounts for %85 of your final grade. I got a 98 on the multiple choice section. The rest of your grade is determined by your seniority ,since I only have four years on the job I would not get alot of points for that. And I only had about 2 years 11 months buy the time I took the exam.They only give you 1/2 of a point for every 3 months of service. So you do the math 85 plus 4.5 ='s come on you can guess this one your so intelligent %89.50. And sexual harass LMAO get real. Get your head out of your ass already woman. You got banned for a reason and everyone see's it. You should have took my advice and kept your venomous and negative comments to yourself. And get me fired how and for what? You are obviously a very delusional woman to think someone sexually harassed you. And your also very egotistical and that's what got you banned. If you learned so much in life why haven't you learned how to have a mature conversation with some one?. Anyway I've answered all your questions and your post has been PWNED C'YA.

i kind of agree with this. i also add that common sense is lacking in many new hires.

Yeah that could be true. But just because you have 2 years of college or military does not mean you'll not be lacking common sense. Look at naughtygal she claims to be a college graduate and where's her common sense or manners? She thought she was a know it all and it got her banned. And you have to remember not all positions with the MTA can be obtained with out college degree or relevant work experience . The NYPD requires those things but other police forces in the tri state area don't ,so going to college is not the de facto proof that someone will have common sense.

Yeah that could be true. But just because you have 2 years of college or military does not mean you'll not be lacking common sense. Look at naughtygal she claims to be a college graduate and where's her common sense or manners? She thought she was a know it all and it got her banned. And you have to remember not all positions with the MTA can be obtained with out college degree or relevant work experience . The NYPD requires those things but other police forces in the tri state area don't ,so going to college is not the de facto proof that someone will have common sense.

I've come across some dumb ass cops, but thats another story.

She's a misrable person and gets off on putting others down. God I hope she's reading this right now. She had an answer for everything and those answers were getting me light headed. Talking about parrots can do better on a test and so on and on.

Good luck to everyon who's up for conductor title

I've come across some dumb as cops, but thats another story.

She's a misrable person and gets off on putting others down. God I hope she's reading this right now. She had an answer for everything and those answers were getting me light headed. Talking about parrots can do better on a test and so on and on.

Good luck to everyon who's up for conductor title

Me too, I didn't want to take it there. I deal with Transit Police officers everyday and not all of them seem to have it there. And your right she is a miserable person and I'am glad I won't have to see her post anymore on this site. She's was only a member for like 2 months and she never added anything useful to any discussion. All she did was tear down others and make smart ass comments. I mean who was she to dictate who should deserve the job and that they should make the requirements to get the job harder when she got the job under those supposed loose requirements . If a person has a GED that does make the person dumb. At least they had the drive to try and do better with their life, and if they took a T/O exam and got more than one question wrong and got hired that should not mean they are incompetent and should not deserve the job. And also if she was so brilliant why isn't she doing another job? and settled for being a T/O ? I mean with her comments she basically insulted hundreds of members of these boards and thousands of other people that took this exam and got more than 1 question incorrect.

Book smarts does not always translate to actual knowledge in the real world when it comes down to it. B)

I got a 96 on the test for C/O and I know the questions I got wrong. I got 2 wrong on the landmarks and one because I got mixed up on which month certain holidays land on (namely veteran's day, memorial day and labor day). Not a hard test at all and I went in blind. I only got those wrong because I don't go out much nor do anything on those holidays. I don't feel ashamed about it I just wish I would have known what would be on the test I would have checked those things easily enough before taking the test.

And from experience I am very booksmart but in real world smarts not so much, but I see a lot worse out there on a daily basis.

I don't have a college degree but I have some college, a law diploma and 2 computer certifications. That is still more than a lot of others have and I would have a college degree but I don't have the money to finish college (my GPA dropped to a 3.2 I was working on bringing that back up when financial aid screwed me over). So now according to naughtygal I would still stand in the category of uneducated and undeserving of being a train conductor. Does that make any sense? If the transit worked the way she says it should I would not even have a chance at the job. Meanwhile I know I would make a damn good employee there.

Will,

FYI: the way to figure out your grade on the CR exam is like this: 2 years and 11 months of seniority translates to 11.325 points on the seniority part of the Conductor Promotional exam. This is how its done. You get 1/2 point for every 3 months you work so for 2 years 11 months you get 5.5 points then you add 70 to that and this gives you 75.5 multiply this by 15% and you get 11.325. 89.5 minus 11.325 = 78.175 so this means you received a 92% or 6 wrong.on the exam because a 92 X 85% = 78.2. 78.2 added to 11.325 gives you 89.52 which gets rounded down to 89.5%. Hope this helps

Best piece of advice I ever got:

"No matter what you know, on Day One of Schoolcar you know nothing. Start over and learn everything as if it's new again."

I intend to take that into schoolcar.

As for college, it doesn't mean you're "smarter" or better equipped for the job. I saw kids in college I wouldn't trust to ride in a golf cart with them. And they got FOUR year degrees.

I do with they'd add more job specific questions to the test (about 5 or so), as in things that are basic that most would know just based on riding the subway.

Questions like on the old promotionals: "Which Manhattan Street does not have an under river tube"

a: 60th St

b: 42nd St

c: 34th St

d: 14th St

or general observation:

When closing the doors the proper sequence is to

a: close the front first, then the rear

b: close the rear first, then the front

c: close all the doors at the exact same time

d: close odd numbered cars first, then even numbered cars second.

just stuff basically to see who pays attention when they ride the subways

Honestly, if you get more than 1 wrong on the T/O and C/R tests, you should be ashamed and not allowed to get the job or the promotion. If you get less than 5 wrong on the B/O test, you did very well. The B/O is like taking a test to get into Harvard. The T/O and C/R test are like taking the GED to put it very bluntly. The B/O has questions like what do you do if your bus skids. The T/O has questions like where is Hunter College which many of you got wrong.

And that's exactly why your new name is Miss B7.

So what about doctors? What if a doctor in medical school got "one wrong"? Should that person not become a doctor? No. They'll never learn that way.

"Best piece of advice I ever got:

"No matter what you know, on Day One of Schoolcar you know nothing. Start over and learn everything as if it's new again."

I intend to take that into schoolcar."

I heard that too B)

Can someone tell me what problems that Conductors are allowed to fix? I just want to know :P

Will,

FYI: the way to figure out your grade on the CR exam is like this: 2 years and 11 months of seniority translates to 11.325 points on the seniority part of the Conductor Promotional exam. This is how its done. You get 1/2 point for every 3 months you work so for 2 years 11 months you get 5.5 points then you add 70 to that and this gives you 75.5 multiply this by 15% and you get 11.325. 89.5 minus 11.325 = 78.175 so this means you received a 92% or 6 wrong.on the exam because a 92 X 85% = 78.2. 78.2 added to 11.325 gives you 89.52 which gets rounded down to 89.5%. Hope this helps

Aren't you the mathematician ?? LOL, what eva something like that. Either way she was completely wrong in her comment. But thanx for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah no news seems to be good news. But I guess it's quite now cuz all the info and questions anyone would ever need to know about the process of being called for the job, and the time frame for when one should expect to hear anything has been discussed numerous times on this thread. So until they start calling O/C people I expect this thread to remain quite until then, or someone will start another thread once they get their letter of appointment.

Archived