Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find that hard to believe considering the promotional list is very short.

We'll see. Another C/R class is set to start later this month. A T/O class from the last O/C was going through last I'd heard, they'd just had the brake pipe rupture practical last I'd heard. I don't know what list # they are up to on the C/R promotional, and finding out what list # they are up to is not readily available anyway since DCAS does not always give the correct info and school car instructors obviously aren't as worried about list #'s as they are about the students' progress etc. Might be able to find out the size of the class, if memory serves this month is 15 more, don't know about Feb...of course I don't remember if that's accurate so if anyone knows for certain feel free to correct...

Another C/R class is set to start later this month. ... and finding out what list # they are up to is not readily available anyway

A class of 15 C/R started on 1/11. The next class is tentatively scheduled for April.

Last list number in the current class is 112.

This is where a child should not be a moderator. This child y2foolio keeps deleting my post, yet needs to keep opening his obnoxious piss ant mouth, but apparently doesn't have a brain to understand what someone is saying, then responds with his little keyboard tough guy attitude. This is what he deleted below.

No you obnoxious pipsqueak. They were initially hiring about 1 15 person class per month. If you've studied calendars, April then is 3 months away from now. If they continue with the 15 person class pace every 1 to 3 months, for one it will take a long while to get through the list and the people in the 1000 to 2000 o/c list range and higher can basically kiss getting called up goodbye since the o/c list expires 4 years after they start hiring from it. I'm in the low 100 level anyway. I was hoping to get called up before the end of the year, but if April is a definite and it stays at 15 per class, then it's going to take a while to finish the promotional list first, and then finally get to the OC list. Did you understand all that this time, or should I repeat it again slowly so that you can understand it better juju?

Hey now calm down and relax and an attitude like that will be needed to be checked right at the door if you are going to be a C/R you wont last trust me.

So place nice ok? B)

Do you three actually think I would do this at a job? Maybe you 3 can't seperate your personal events from your work events, but I can. It makes me wonder how any of you passed any Transit tests, but then I realize that it is a Transit test, so passing it isn't in the same league as passing any college tests, or any highschool tests either. I just looked at some of your posts messimo. You really shouldn't go judging anyone when you got the Hunter question wrong. Amazing how just because y2 is a moderator, none of you point out he was being rude with his response. I know what I will be getting the 3 of you for Christmas this year. Spines.

Do you three actually think I would do this at a job? Maybe you 3 can't seperate your personal events from your work events, but I can. It makes me wonder how any of you passed any Transit tests, but then I realize that it is a Transit test, so passing it isn't in the same league as passing any college tests, or any highschool tests either. I just looked at some of your posts messimo. You really shouldn't go judging anyone when you got the Hunter question wrong. Amazing how just because y2 is a moderator, none of you point out he was being rude with his response. I know what I will be getting the 3 of you for Christmas this year. Spines.

There is a reason why you keep getting banned. Why dont you find another forum to go bother people on?

There is a reason why you keep getting banned. Why dont you find another forum to go bother people on?

I don't know how else to simplify this because being clear was over your head. You have me confused for someone else, just like you confused where Hunter College is. Throw the first stone messy mo

To PhrasierCrane:

Get over your self, his comment was not rude at all and if you took it to be rude... thats your problem. If you don't like the way things work around here, then move on and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. Trust me, not one will miss you.

Also, by saying that there is 1 class of 15 people a month and you should be called by a certain time means nothing. No everyone who gets called takes the job which means the list can move faster.

To PhrasierCrane:

Get over your self, his comment was not rude at all and if you took it to be rude... thats your problem. If you don't like the way things work around here, then move on and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. Trust me, not one will miss you.

Also, by saying that there is 1 class of 15 people a month and you should be called by a certain time means nothing. No everyone who gets called takes the job which means the list can move faster.

A few things to think about before you spew your ignorant responses.

The list number is up to 112 out of 445 people.

They have hired 4 15 person classes since they started in October.

That is 60 total people.

Let's do a little math. It will probably hurt your little head, so I will do it for you.

60 out of 112 is 53.5% (percentage of people getting hired that are on the list to this point)

112 out of 445 is 25.1% (percentage called up from the promotional list meaning 75% still have not been called.)

Alex said the next class is scheduled for April which is 3 months away and goes away from the trend of 1 15 person class a month that has happened the past 4 months.

Not everyone takes the job, or is allowed to take the job once they get called up for the promotion because of Transit's 1 in 3 rule (or they decide they don't want it, or just take school car to get weekends off then go back to their old position a short time after school car finishes), but as you can see, more than half have taken it. If Transit takes a 15 person class every 3 months pace, then the promotional list would probably not be exhausted until about 2 years and 9 months from now, given the hiring rate from the list staying at 53.5% of those on the list.

If they go back to the original pace of 1 15 person class per month, then they will not exhaust the list until March of next year. If they do go through with their doomsday cuts for the spring (the next class being scheduled for April as opposed February makes it look as if Transit is preparing for the service cuts and knows they won't need as many conductors) then you can bet they will probably go to the 1 15 person class every 3 months the rest of the way.

That would mean they won't start hiring off the open competitive list until about October 2012

That sounds like pretty bad news to me. Any more comments from you intellectuals that respond without thinking first?

To PhrasierCrane:

What you apparently also missed is y2 removed the rude part of his comment.

You guys are sounding a lot like you did when primo first said he got his test results and you were all talking tough basically calling him a liar and acting as if he were pathetic. How did that work for you? He actually did get his test results when he said. How stupid did you guys feel? I also didn't notice many apologies for the rude attitude given him. I noticed you made a few comments at him too messy mo. Meet me at Hunter college to discuss this. Wait, you don't know where it is. ah ha ha ha ha ha. I'm in no way religious, but use religious quotes when they apply. He who has not sinned may cast the first stone. Before you go judging people messy mo, go judge yourself. I guarantee you won't like what you see.

Yea OK *******.

That's the intellectual response I figured I would get from you after you were proven wrong. Can't man up to admit you were wrong, so you make a 16-year-old response. Have a goodnight all. I've got better things to do. Now you can throw in a few more obnoxious responses.

Archived