Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
all this fighting is good. you all sound like seasoned conductors:) i see this type of drama at work everyday.

I heard the R179's and R188's are being designed with cribs in the cabs of the trains. :P

I hope no one at NYCT takes offense to that. The :cry:-babies here at Brooklyn Forestry go through more pacifiers and diapers than ear plugs and gloves.

Laugh to the..

Out to the

Loud!!!!

Ugh, the candyass schoolyard babycrap where I am is terrible. People piss and moan about everything: "I'm not working in that district today - too many eyes over there," "I'm not working with him. He doesn't stop for breakfast," and my favorite: "I'm not doing (S)(H)I(T) today. I'm tired."

It's ridiculous.

Ugh, the candyass schoolyard babycrap where I am is terrible. People piss and moan about everything: "I'm not working in that district today - too many eyes over there," "I'm not working with him. He doesn't stop for breakfast," and my favorite: "I'm not doing (S)(H)I(T) today. I'm tired."

It's ridiculous.

"I'm not doing sh!t. Don't fcuk with me today I ain't come here to work. I'm tired, my son got shot, I'm sick of this sh!t."

-Bernie Mac

while there is little we can do to help our chances of getting hired, the phrase "we can't do anything" is no longer valid. there is a petition from The Working Families Party, which can be found as a link from the Local 100 website to get MTA chief Jay Walder to use stimulus money to fill the gap in the (MTA) budget. i know, online petitions are like toilet paper. but won't it be fun to get the 5,000 signatures and see what happens? :)

http://action.workingfamiliesparty.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=781

according to civil service law if there's a freeze, they can extend the list past 4 years. is this an official "freeze"?

She didn't say the word freeze, she just said all RTO hiring is canceled. Either way if there is a freeze or not, the only open competatve list people that are affected as far as I know are the 2003 Train Operator test people if they are waiting since that doesn't expire until October. The conductor is still promotional, so the 4 years on the c/r o/c has not begun yet. That will be 4 years when ever it starts. She also said, there are no scheduled conductor classes right now, and none planned, so it could be a while, especially if the MTA has a shortfall in 2011 as well, which they probably will.

hehehe i didnt take the conductor test, i took the train operator test. maybe all classes can be canceled until october and then when they do start hiring they'll fly through the promotional (2009 exam) due to being backed up B). i know, i have a twisted mind but i will always hope for the best no matter what the downers say!!!

Not very related, but just curious:

They hire CRs to fill the spots of retired/fired ones. What happens to those spots before the hiring takes place? Or do they hire CRs "just in case on of the regular ones quits"?

I would think those on the extra list and extra-extras would be assigned to those jobs.

Not to negate anyone's "sources", but didn't a TSS on here that works with schoolcar say not so long ago that there was still a full calendar of C/R classes for 2010? It wouldn't surprise me if less are hired, but they can't suspend hiring indefinitely.

You can believe what ever you want. I could not care less.

Archived