Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

Once an employee is terminated they are no longer eligible for a promotion to a higher title. The employee can be offered if available a lower title or comparable title for example they are laying off 600 station agents of those 600 150 will be offered a cleaner position.

i cant see how that is possible, because by the day of filing for the exam you must have the requirements..........now these guys are being laid off, not terminated, so it would be hard to fathom why these guys through no fault of their own would not be able to accept a promotion because their position has been cut.......if that were to happen, i'd tell all those people to see a civil service lawyer..........

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys,

It looks like I was correct. I checked with my source and she said that if a person is laid off they will not be considered for any promotional opportunity because they are not an active employee. They will go on a preferred list and the MTA can hire them back for that same title or a lower title if available.

Hey Guys,

It looks like I was correct. I checked with my source and she said that if a person is laid off they will not be considered for any promotional opportunity because they are not an active employee. They will go on a preferred list and the MTA can hire them back for that same title or a lower title if available.

that sucks big time..............smh.........

no one is entitled to anything. who cares if you got 1 wrong and he got 5 wrong. i got 5 wrong also and now i, along with many others, got the job.... can you say the same???????? my GED gave me the ability to go to college on time and earn a BA. i am not ashamed of it, no one else should feel ashamed of it, and certainly trying to make someone feel ashamed just mirrors your own cruel way to overcompensate for your own insecurities.

GET OVER IT.

no one "deserves" to get laid off. terminated, yes. laid off, no. these people have families to support.

• 3 weeks later...
All is quiet on this thread. I guess no new news? Well probably at least no new good news. LOL

Originally Posted by Alex L.

There is no freeze - there is a temporary lull due to some WD internal restructuring. An updated hiring plan was to have been released today, but I was at a funeral in NJ. When more is known, I'll post.

Instructors sent to the road.

Conductors in May, Train Operators in June.

posted 4/14/2010 on freeze on schoolcar classes

from the April 23rd issue of The Chief, released today on page 2 under the "City Certifications" section reads as follows. "Promotions: Conductor- 337 eligibles between Nos. 12 and 445 on List 8557 for 80 jobs at NYC Transit." im not gonna pretend i know exactly what that means but maybe that's helpful information to somebody on here :)

from the April 23rd issue of The Chief, released today on page 2 under the "City Certifications" section reads as follows. "Promotions: Conductor- 337 eligibles between Nos. 12 and 445 on List 8557 for 80 jobs at NYC Transit." im not gonna pretend i know exactly what that means but maybe that's helpful information to somebody on here :)

Those numbers have been the same in the past several certification notices. I know that last time it was to fill or replace 150 positions. This time that number was 80. I'm not sure what, if any, prior numbers have been listed.

So, they continue to chip away at the promotional list. And us finger-crossing hopefuls will continue to PATIENTLY wait WITHOUT ANY EXPECTIONS.

Just pretend that we're at the DMV or in an ER, except that we can go about our daily lives without having to stand around and look pissed off.

Best comment in a while.

Do what you wanna do in the meantime and WAIT

Ditto :tup::cool:

Thanks. I'd hit the button for both of your posts, but I've decided to preserve that for posts that are informational and helpful, not just a personal compliment, as I should have done from Day 1.

But, yeah, thanks for the kudos call. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'm new here to the forum but i've been reading some of the posts and i'm a little more encouraged about my prospects than I was prior to reading them. I also took exam # 8094 in December of 2008 and I received my list number and it was in the 400's, not 4000's but 400's and I was initially thinking that I didn't have a shot at a job but after reading that as long as it's in the 2000's or less, I feel so much less stress. I just want to thank you guys for all your information

• 2 weeks later...

Archived