Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I scored 94.666 and my list # is 2573. I already did one address change with DCAS and I had to move again after that. Should I change my address with them now being that I'm not sure how long I'll be at my present address. I don't think I'll be called anytime soon or mabe not at all. If it's not clear I'll explain it like this:

I lived at place A when I took the test and then I moved to place B. I don't know how long I'll be at place B. Considering my list number should I be worrying about changing my address now?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I scored 94.666 and my list # is 2573. I already did one address change with DCAS and I had to move again after that. Should I change my address with them now being that I'm not sure how long I'll be at my present address. I don't think I'll be called anytime soon or mabe not at all. If it's not clear I'll explain it like this:

I lived at place A when I took the test and then I moved to place B. I don't know how long I'll be at place B. Considering my list number should I be worrying about changing my address now?

Thanks in advance

If you care about getting the job at all, ALWAYS make sure that whatever information they have on you is up to date.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone.

Ive been trolling around on this same thread for quite a while now and I have to say that it's been fun. Wether negative or positive I have enjoyed reading almost every post like a book or sorts lol, it's been incredibly informative and even comical at times which is fine by me.

If becoming an MTA conductor or operator was a career path that involved going to school and attaining a degree, then believe me it's something I would have done as it seems to me (at least looking at it from the outside) that it's the most perfect opportunity for someone with personal traits such as the ones I have.

I know that I have almost no chance whatsoever of gaining employment with the MTA, there is something thats been buggin me for quite a while now. Although Ive received my score (96%) and list number, whenever I log in to the DCAS website my score always shows as a N/A or not available. I'm inclined to think that this is normal but I just dont know for sure. If anyone can shed any light on this then it will be very much appreciated. I'de also like to call the DCAS MTA people to see what they have to say about it, I'm wondering what is the best or most direct phone number to communicate with them. Thanks all, keep posting! :P

Hello everyone.

Ive been trolling around on this same thread for quite a while now and I have to say that it's been fun. Wether negative or positive I have enjoyed reading almost every post like a book or sorts lol, it's been incredibly informative and even comical at times which is fine by me.

If becoming an MTA conductor or operator was a career path that involved going to school and attaining a degree, then believe me it's something I would have done as it seems to me (at least looking at it from the outside) that it's the most perfect opportunity for someone with personal traits such as the ones I have.

I know that I have almost no chance whatsoever of gaining employment with the MTA, there is something thats been buggin me for quite a while now. Although Ive received my score (96%) and list number, whenever I log in to the DCAS website my score always shows as a N/A or not available. I'm inclined to think that this is normal but I just dont know for sure. If anyone can shed any light on this then it will be very much appreciated. I'de also like to call the DCAS MTA people to see what they have to say about it, I'm wondering what is the best or most direct phone number to communicate with them. Thanks all, keep posting! :)

Its not impossbile to get hired. The T/A will start calling people, and when they do it will be from our list 8094. It will be a long wait. Now for the score, I noticed the samething. I believe that box only shows the score if you take a computerized test.

To find out the latest call 212-669-1357 and follow the prompts.

Aaahh yeah that does make sence, gosh I totally forgot about computerized testing, you might have a point. Thank you very much for the phone number. I'm going to call and if I hear anything interesting I will post a follow up. Thanks alot pal, I'm a bit happier now :)

Wrong chrystie when they start calling it will be from the promotional list not 8094. There are 333 names left on that list . Oc list at least a year. Also if you scored a 96 if you get called and a big if it will be at least 4 years sorry xentor.

Yep! I took the test in 2002 and didn't get called til 2008. I scored a 94.25 though....

Well yea

You guys are most likely correct indeed. However my question was about the my score not showing up on the DCAS website. Anyhow, im not giving up on it, being on the list under 2000 is better than not being on the list at all. On another note, Isn't this new exam we took supposed to cover what I heard was an unprecedented number of new retirees? If so, then we might have a better and quicker chance at employment than the 2002 exam takers.

There was no 2002 exam for conductor puertrocks is ingesting too much steel dust. The exam was in 2004, and the list came out in august of 2005.

LMAO! You are correct! I took exam 3014 and got my score Feb 3rd 2005. I still got the test score envelope. My list # was 3007!! My class was the last class off the list, appointed 7/2009. The list expired 8/2009!!

LMAO! You are correct! I took exam 3014 and got my score Feb 3rd 2005. I still got the test score envelope. My list # was 3007!! My class was the last class off the list, appointed 7/2009. The list expired 8/2009!!

Wow! that is phenomenal, congrats!

If you dont mind, can you tell us what the training involved? was it difficult? And what were some of the things you needed to take care of after being called up but prior to actual employment?

My list # is in the 1700's.When I took my answers home and compared them to the unofficial answer list a few months later I had a 99% then I think some of the answers changed and I dropped down to 96%. I find it ridiculous that the MTA can't make an exam with answers that are indisputable. I remember there were a couple of questions there that almost seemed like they could go either way, I think it could have been on purpose lol. I walked out of the Manhattan testing center almost sure I had %100, silly me.

Wow! that is phenomenal, congrats!

If you dont mind, can you tell us what the training involved? was it difficult? And what were some of the things you needed to take care of after being called up but prior to actual employment?

My list # is in the 1700's.When I took my answers home and compared them to the unofficial answer list a few months later I had a 99% then I think some of the answers changed and I dropped down to 96%. I find it ridiculous that the MTA can't make an exam with answers that are indisputable. I remember there were a couple of questions there that almost seemed like they could go either way, I think it could have been on purpose lol. I walked out of the Manhattan testing center almost sure I had %100, silly me.

Sure. In class in no order you learn about the different types of trains, and the circuit breakers associated with them. You learn about signals (even though you really don't understand them until you hit the road). You learn track safety and fire school which is pretty cool. You also visit all the yards and terminals which is really important because these are places you have to report to. You go deep in the tracks and learn about the emergency exits. You also visit rail control center.

On the train you learn the actual job. You learn the difference between circuit breaker and non circuit breaker problems and how to resolve them.

A big part and one of the final test are how to resolve door problems (if you are not getting indication that all doors are closed and locked you basically have to resolve it). You learn how to make announcements, to open and close doors of course and observe the platform. And a few other things I'm sure I left out lol.....

Sure. In class in no order you learn about the different types of trains, and the circuit breakers associated with them. You learn about signals (even though you really don't understand them until you hit the road). You learn track safety and fire school which is pretty cool. You also visit all the yards and terminals which is really important because these are places you have to report to. You go deep in the tracks and learn about the emergency exits. You also visit rail control center.

On the train you learn the actual job. You learn the difference between circuit breaker and non circuit breaker problems and how to resolve them.

A big part and one of the final test are how to resolve door problems (if you are not getting indication that all doors are closed and locked you basically have to resolve it). You learn how to make announcements, to open and close doors of course and observe the platform. And a few other things I'm sure I left out lol.....

Thx alot puertorocks for taking the time to write a bit about what type of training goes on, it all makes perfect sense of course lol.

Primojr

Dude I still have my answer key that I carefully wrote down before I left the testing center. I dont remember exactly how I score it on my own but when I checked the unofficial list back then it left me with a SINGLE wrong answer. Skip to a few months later when I received my official score and list number and bam, I instead score a 96% with a list number in the 1700's. Now OBVIOUSLY I will attest it to the fact that I could have written my exam keys wrong (which I doubt). I didn't bother to dispute my wrong answer because it isn't as if I even remember what the question was and plus, I honestly didn't even think I'de have a chance reversing my answer so I didn't get into it. Anyway, I'm not trying to come off as a smartass or a jerk or more intelligent than the other test takers, I just simply thought I scored a 100% at first, then a 99%. So I don't understand why do you think I'm full of it.

Xentor,

The proposed key and the final key have the same answers, the only exception to this is that some questions have the answer from the proposed key and a second or third acceptable answer so you could never get more wrong on the final key vs the proposed key. If you get them all right when you compare them with the proposed key then you will get them all right compared to the final key . You can't get a 99 based on the proposed key and a 96 based on the final key. The answers don't get changed from one key to the

Next. They just add an answer or 2 that are acceptable in addition to the originals

Answer from the proposed .

Xentor,

The proposed key and the final key have the same answers, the only exception to this is that some questions have the answer from the proposed key and a second or third acceptable answer so you could never get more wrong on the final key vs the proposed key. If you get them all right when you compare them with the proposed key then you will get them all right compared to the final key . You can't get a 99 based on the proposed key and a 96 based on the final key. The answers don't get changed from one key to the

Next. They just add an answer or 2 that are acceptable in addition to the originals

Answer from the proposed .

Yes primo

You state a fantastically valid and perfectly decipherable argument indeed, hope you like it. However, I am perfectly aware of all that. The only conceivable explanation is that I must have made a stupid mistake writing down my answer key. And worse than that, that I didn't concentrate enough or quite frankly that I wasn't smart enough to get my %100 like many other people did. I just didn't see how you would totally dismiss it and say I was lying, afterall that IS what "being full of it" means. Anyhow, after reading your blog entry there, I'm wondering how are you around 300 list numbers below me when we both scored the same. I've heard SS numbers and filing dates might have something to do with it but maaan that's almost overkill. Or maybe your just lying on your score, just kidding :o

If I remember correctly I even filed on the last day or the day before the last day, one of the 2.

There are lots of people who score the same , so they separate same scores

Based on the last 5 of your social security number. Filing date has nothing to do with it

Contrary to what you may have heard.

Filing date is thrown around because that's what the passbooks say which means that's probably how it used to be. I'd imagine they switched to last 5 of SSN sometime around when electronic filing became an option because if filing date was the cutoff then people who filed by snail mail would be at a disadvantage.

Even though I filed very late, I find filing date is the fairest way to make the list. They just need to keep proper records of when they process applications. It's not like you get to choose what social security the government issues to you.

Archived